New Colorado Avalanche mascot

roxfan00

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If St. Bernards are used to save people FROM Avalanches.... um.... how is that an appropriate mascot for them? That'd be like the Flames having a fireman as its mascot.

Haha I don't really think any type of dog would be able to stop an avalanche, like a firefighter would stop a fire.

It should be the abominable snowman so that their shoulder patch finally makes sense, but the shape in this picture looks more bear-like.

off-topic question here: why is the Rockies mascot a Triceratops?

I believe the story goes is that construction workers found dinosaur fossil eggs while moving the earth, when they were building Coors Field.

True.

And from what I recall, had Coors not taken care of the naming rights, the stadium would have (tragically) been called Jurassic Park.

If by tragically, you mean :censored:ingawesomely, then yeah. I agree. Though strictly speaking, Triceratops was from the Cretaceous period, not the Jurassic.

[/8 year old dinosaur-obsessed nerd Jamikel]

I like the mascot. The barrel's a little goofy looking, but there's really nothing wrong with a mascot based more on myth than reality. Kind of like, say, a yeti. I just hope Bernie uses his brandy to revive Avalanche fans in the stands when the team is losing.

Also, I'd like to point out that the number of alcohol-related "Bernie" mascots in major league sports in North America has doubled in the last week.

I sent pics to both old a new to my little sister on Sunday. Howler (old) first, and the Dog was next.

"I LOVE the first one! The dog is lame."

NOTE: She also loves the A's Stomper as the best human mascot and hates more human mascots, like "Steely McBeam" and new "Sourdough Sam". Women like the cartoons-like characters. I think her favorite is wait..."Sabertooth" (Buffalo) or Burnie (Miami Heat). She is now 25, but I bought her mascot dolls for the last 10 years. She hates "Stuff" (Orlando).

"Rocky" the Nuggets mascot, should just become the official mascot for all the Colorado pro teams.

rocky_page.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived