Winnipeg Jets, Thunder Concept Logo

Phil

Niiice logo. It still has everything that was good about the old logo, but now it doesn't look out of place with the newer ones.

And great sweater concepts, both of y'all...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it SyPhi! Makes me wish for a team to move back to Winnipeg.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I love Roger's jersey concept (but maybe with blue pants). Not quite sold on this logo, though; isn't there anything Jets-related that wouldn't include slapping the name across the jerseys?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

isn't there anything Jets-related that wouldn't include slapping the name across the jerseys?

Maybe, but then again, isn't there something more Canadian-related than a CH? ...every Jets logo of the past has always had Winnipeg Jets written in the logo and a silhouette of a plane, I guess it's our little piece of logo tradition.

Your comment does raise a valid point however, and I respect your opinion.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Stylized letters, I can get behind--the Calgary "C" is another great example. It's just a peeve of mine, crests that have the name slapped across them. See also: probably 75% of the frickin' minor league teams who have reasonable logos, but seem to think they need the neam name on there as well, because the logo somehow won't stand on its own. The crest should be just that, the crest. It should be iconic for the team, and not need the team name in order to be recognized.

This is probably also why I think the Isles' logo is so horrible. (I can forgive the Leafs a bit, I suppose, since they've been doing it for nearly 80 years. But, the Oilers should take note of this. One of these days I should work up the Oilers concept floating in my head.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's just a peeve of mine, crests that have the name slapped across them. See also: probably 75% of the frickin' minor league teams who have reasonable logos, but seem to think they need the neam name on there as well, because the logo somehow won't stand on its own. The crest should be just that, the crest. It should be iconic for the team, and not need the team name in order to be recognized.

...and you know, I'm with you in 95% of these cases... however although we haven't been doing this as long as the Leafs, it was the way it was for 25 years (as long as the Oilers anyway), and in some way, that seems to justify it in my mind.

On a remotely related note... I think if you're a minor league team, there's nothing wrong with looking minor league, as long as you look professional. A minor league look can have the wordmark as part of the primary logo (they aren't usually well known teams, so sometimes they need that bit of extra assistance in being recognizable), or a bit of a cheesier mascot perhaps, odd colour combinations, or something to that effect... but they can still look professional (well designed, not drawn by a 6-year-old).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Here is my latest incarnation of a previous design I made.

Jets-Set.gif

I'm curious what I would look like with SyPhi's logo. I always felt the Jets should use silver, cause it's like a real jet.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 2 months later...

I realize this is a big thread resurrection, but thought you might like to see this latest version...

Winnipeg Thunder Logo Evolution

The inspiration:

WinnipegThunder.GIF

The first release:

Winnipeg%20Thunder%20Original%20Logo.gif

The new release:

Winnipeg%20Thunder%20Logo.gif

Feedback welcome!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Is the latest rendering the one for your team? I like it. It says "I dare you to take this ball from me!" Also, the basketball seems better proportioned than the older version, in which it looked huge...

One more thing. I think the basketball needs some sort of outline to fit in better with the logo.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

One more thing. I think the basketball needs some sort of outline to fit in better with the logo.

You know, I tried that, and it didn't look that great. A gray outline looked weird, and a blue outline joined with the outline for the bear, and made that confusing.

And yes, the NABA Winnipeg Thunder will be using the updated logo.

Thanks Nitro! I like the impression.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived