Winnipeg Jets, Thunder Concept Logo

Phil

I think it's awesome. The first version looks like he's saying, "oh hey. Check it out. I got a ball! Rawr!" and this new version is like, "BACK OFF! It's my friggin' ball! WRA!" So, yeah, great improvement!

Have to agree with that--and those unis will look sweet while losing to the Towers!!

B):P:D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very VERY nice job on the court, im not a huge fan on the lightning bolts, but i dont mind them either i guess.  :P

BTW thats an awesome template, where'd you get it?  B)

EDIT: dare i ask if the Thunder have acquired a secondary logo, or will be in the near future?

Of course! I forgot to credit the creator of this amazing template, GMS himself! (Sorry bud!)

Also, the MTS Centre logo is the logo as seen on www.TrueNorthProject.mb.ca so I take no credit for it.

The Thunder do not have an alternate logo, and one is not planned in the near future. Might happen before the inaugural NABA season, but nothing has been decided either way.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

very VERY nice job on the court, im not a huge fan on the lightning bolts, but i dont mind them either i guess. :P

BTW thats an awesome template, where'd you get it? B)

EDIT: dare i ask if the Thunder have acquired a secondary logo, or will be in the near future?

Of course! I forgot to credit the creator of this amazing template, GMS himself! (Sorry bud!)

Also, the MTS Centre logo is the logo as seen on www.TrueNorthProject.mb.ca so I take no credit for it.

The Thunder do not have an alternate logo, and one is not planned in the near future. Might happen before the inaugural NABA season, but nothing has been decided either way.

bummer i was looking forward to a fabulous SyPhi Creations alternate :flagcanada:

and i cant take FULL credit for the template, it was part mjrudolph, and JQK and a small part in it too without even knowing...i just put it all together for personal, quick, and reliable use!

I love that court--very nice job, and you made the colours work!

Hmmm--it'll look good when the Towers visit and win...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The parquee floor is awesome - I really like the soft-white lightning bolt on the court. Very nice work!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 3 months later...

Decided it was about time I did a uniform set for my Jets logo. Tried to do something a little different while maintaining the spirit of the old set. Have a look, and hit me back with your comments, suggestions, criticisms (constructive, where possible) and questions.

Winnipeg Jets Concept Home Jersey

Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept%20Home%20Jersey.gif

Winnipeg Jets Concept Road Jersey

Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept%20Away%20Jersey.gif

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

SyPhi, I like the modernization of the old logo. The striping is OK, although the relatively clean look is what appeals to me.

For all Jets fans, I hope that this design can see the light of day. I doubt the NHL will ever welcome the team back, but maybe some other incarnation will make it happen.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Yeah! Old school! I am loving the new look you made for the jets. It's still a rather simple design and is easily identifiable with the old Jets logo, but still looks very effective and ultra-modern!

I am definitely a fan of this one.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

SyPhi..I'm stealing your talent..I mean, here..hold this glowing basketball right quick.

Haha! I love that movie... the only movie I've ever bought with my own money.

Thanks guys for the kind words... anyone else got anything to add? Speak up!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

It's an amazing concept, I can't really find anything to pick at... I suppose I could say the numbers look bland in one colour, but they really don't - plus it's a nod back to the original jets and their one colour numbers.

Great eye for detail in updating the goals for kids patch, the jets logo update is just amazing... it says "the jets are here and it's the 21st century".

the slightly updated stripe is also a welcome addition

i guess my only question is... what? no red helmets? ;)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

• 1 year later...

I think the whole Thunder identity is great; especially the unis and court. The updated logo is good, but I think it's the blue section above the eye that irks me a little there.

The Jets logo change is great; very faithful to the roots, though I think some of the jerseys designed look a little too "Rangers" for my liking. I really liked RC's one with the silver and the angles.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

• 10 months later...

I don't know if I am the biggest Winnipeg Jet fan in the world ... but I would be in top 100.

UNREAL logo in my opinion..... love the thought pattern into using a current looking Jet in the logo as well.

I have tons of projects that I need worked on if you would like to contact me. Thanks

Darryl - PROactive Sports / Brandon Manitoba

Source for Sports AAA Hockey Challenge

Archived