Winnipeg Jets, Thunder Concept Logo

Phil

Hey Phil - I don't know if you've seen this but I thought you'd want to see it:

http://www.wwhl.mb.ca/printimage.aspx?w=130&picture_id=1097

I'm redesigning the logos for this league and its sister league, and I came across this logo on the home page - is this something you did for them? Otherwise, you may want to protect your intellectual property, man.

OD_Signature.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this topic is SUPER old and EVERYONE is going to kill me, BUT, you need to send this to the people at True North!!! I'd even just ask for full credit, 5,000 or 10,000 and season tickets.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

You know how I've said that it's near impossible to design a logo for your own team, because you often view your team as perfect?

It's true. It is near impossible. But I tried anyway.

Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept%20Logo.gif

Winnipeg Jets Concept Logo

As you can see, I've retained elements of their logos of the past (hockey stick J, background circle) while taking things in a different direction in other ways.

Edit: Since these are both updated looks for defunct Winnipeg teams, they can share the same thread. It's how I'd want it if someone else did something similar. For the Winnipeg Thunder logo, scroll down.

Looks like a tube of calking compound

You know how I've said that it's near impossible to design a logo for your own team, because you often view your team as perfect?

It's true. It is near impossible. But I tried anyway.

Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept%20Logo.gif

Winnipeg Jets Concept Logo

As you can see, I've retained elements of their logos of the past (hockey stick J, background circle) while taking things in a different direction in other ways.

Edit: Since these are both updated looks for defunct Winnipeg teams, they can share the same thread. It's how I'd want it if someone else did something similar. For the Winnipeg Thunder logo, scroll down.

Like it but I'd look at eliminating some of the lines. Seems like just a tad too much going on.

So are they moving back to Winnipeg or not?

Winnipeg is getting the Thrashers when they relocate from Atlanta.

Is this speculation, or is it actually happening? Whatever happened to the Coyotes situation?

Quebec City supposedly has a new arena under construction, and will give the keys to whomever chooses to move there.

It would make more sense to move the Coyotes back to Winnipeg and call them the JETS, and move the THRASHERS to Quebec City and bring back the NORDIQUES.

People I've spoken to in the Atlanta-GA have all said that the area down there has no business having an NHL team. It didn't work in the 70s and it doesn't work now.

Archived