Buck Tradition! ... Chicago Blackhawks Concept - Alternative Jersey

Patchez

Why Alternate Uniforms?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is my concept for an alternate sweater for the Chicago Blackhawks.

I tire of the traditional set and the boring current alt. Time to use some of the colors in their great logo.

C+C welcomed.

Final versions:

BHawksConceptH.png

BHawksConcept-1.png

First revision:

BHawksConceptv2.png

Original design:

BHawksConcept.png

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always have a problem when people feel the need to through colors that are only in a logo for detail into a uniform. Logo colors don't necessarily have to be part of a uniform set. And to my mind this concept shows why.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If you feel the need to throw the feathers on the shoulders, just use the colours from the front-most feather on the logo for them. Green, yellow and blue do not work on the jerseys. The whitish silver and more red actually have an outside chance.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I would swap the green feather with the red one. I really like it when people on here think out side of the box. I have always been rather puzzled how a group so progressive in their world view are so conservative in their design view.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

You know that I'm as willing as anyone on this site to accept a non-traditional uniform update... but this isn't working. While I don't think that the indian head is a particularly good logo, for whatever reason, it has become iconic and is really the symbol of the Blackhawks (moreso than your average primary logo). Adding all of its colors to other parts of the jersey kind of camouflages it. That logo really needs to be able to stand on its own.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would swap the green feather with the red one. I really like it when people on here think out side of the box. I have always been rather puzzled how a group so progressive in their world view are so conservative in their design view.

I am quite happy for people to think outside the box, and to post such ideas. In fact I would prefer they did this that not think outside the box. But sometimes thinking outside the box does not work. I've seem some very outside the box ideas work very well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

In the spirit of the Thrashers, it's definitely on the edge. However, I don't think it works. I would like to see them use the 4 feathers as a left shoulder logo though and the C with the Tomahawks on the right. I think the 4 feathers could be a great tertiary logo in many respects.

Well, it's creative...it's just really ugly as well. The colors just don't look very good together. And your continued use of Arial is not a good thing. Especially on numerals and wordmarks. The first thing I would do, if you are intent on keeping the shoulder feathers (which is about the only good thing about this concept in my opinion). is drop the hem stripe completely. It's hideous and doesn't match the shoulder stripe. The shoulders are amazing. Keep them. Drop the wordmark, delete the green from the logo outline, change the number font to a block typeface, and get rid of the green base. The black arms don't really add anything to the design. Consider dropping those and making a smaller black stripe on the sleeve endings or make them come down vertically from the shoulders.

Well, it's creative...it's just really ugly as well. The colors just don't look very good together. And your continued use of Arial is not a good thing. Especially on numerals and wordmarks. The first thing I would do, if you are intent on keeping the shoulder feathers (which is about the only good thing about this concept in my opinion). is drop the hem stripe completely. It's hideous and doesn't match the shoulder stripe. The shoulders are amazing. Keep them. Drop the wordmark, delete the green from the logo outline, change the number font to a block typeface, and get rid of the green base. The black arms don't really add anything to the design. Consider dropping those and making a smaller black stripe on the sleeve endings or make them come down vertically from the shoulders.

No knock against your suggestion here, but it is sounding like that which I stated above I was tired of on the Hawks look, same old same old ('cept the feathered shoulders)

Please remember, I am suggesting an alternative. And it's not Arial this time (I think?)

As for ugly... yeah! Sometimes ugly sells to the targeted market.

Serious question to all... What is the purpose(s) of alternate uniform designs anyway? I really wanna know your opinion...

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

No knock against your suggestion here, but it is sounding like that which I stated above I was tired of on the Hawks look, same old same old ('cept the feathered shoulders)

Please remember, I am suggesting an alternative. And it's not Arial this time (I think?)

Serious question to all... What is the purpose(s) of alternate uniform designs anyway? I really wanna know your opinion...

its to please the CCSLC.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Its all about the money.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

For starters, it's not Arial, it's Trebuchet. And quite frankly, I have yet to find a web-safe font that looks good on a jersey. This concept would be greatly enhanced by a quick trip to dafont.com's "Old School" section. In addition, no matter how much you try to argue it, there are simply too many colors competing for attention on this jersey. The feathers on the shoulders aren't a bad idea, but the execution needs work. I agree with elliot on the black sleeves… they don't really add anything, and they take attention away from the logo and shoulder feathers. In addition, trying to read green text on a red background is enough to give someone a headache. It would be in your best interest to make the wordmark and numerals white or yellow with the black outline. Kudos for originality, but this needs a good amount of work still.

EDIT: What's with the flags on the template? They aren't helping the presentation.

EDIT: What's with the flags on the template? They aren't helping the presentation.

I see this design as targeted less towards the demographic who'll purchase a jersey for "team support" sakes, or sports fans in general, but towards those who "outside" that demo, would purchase it to wear for "fashion" (I didn't say "good fashion"). Slightly a more potentially expansive demo you'd think.

The flags just suggest groups & regions who may purchase an alternative sportswear look than your "tried, true & traditional" look.

As for my poll... I believe alternate uniforms and commemorative marks, caps, etc. are primarily for providing additional revenues for the business of sports entertainment.

I am not knocking it... it gives designers and others an opportunity for a pay check!

As well as feeds out common interest here!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

I have no problem with anyone touching the Blackhawks. In my opinion, it should be done, if not at the very least in an alternate uniform. Otherwise if you want to play the "tradition" (old) card you might as well have the guys skating around in loin clothes. Now that's "tradition." But anyway. I like the idea of trying something new, using more of the colors for the team but, to be blunt, this is slap-stick at best. I don't know if using so many colors was the best idea, but I bet it could be done if it was thought out better. I hate the was the sleeves are with the harsh angular design. I'd recommend some serious overhauls or wipe the slate clean and give it another go. Play around with it. The colors, the designs. The more you tinker the more you'll see just how many possibilities there are.

Patchez, you really should think about listening to C&C and trying to make improvements. People like elliot and bohob have put time and effort into giving you some fantastic critiques on your design, and you give no effort making updates. They present you great ways to improve your design and you just brush it off, because you think your idea is perfect. You even said it yourself that the jerseys are ugly, so why don't you try to make them better. In my opinion it is very rude to ask for C&C, and not listen to it at all. With that being said, I like the idea of this one, but the execution is way off, and I agree 100% with what elliot and bohob have said. Maybe, seeing as many people have the same view about this concept, it could be right. Take a stab at an update, please.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Mexico, Sweden, Ireland, Canada, Italy, Russia, peanut butter, eggs, ...dice?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived