The Race for 0-16.

BrySmalls

Since the 2009 NFL Season is four weeks old, we're beginning to see an abysmal level of competition from a handful of teams this year in their attempt to equal the illusive and dubious distinction of going 0-16, which was first accomplished by the Detroit Lions last season. Let?s take a look at this season?s competition (in alphabetical order):

Buccaneers (0-7):

Week 1: Lost 34-21 vs. Dallas;

Week 2: Lost 33-20 @ Buffalo;

Week 3: Lost 24-0 vs. NY Giants;

Week 4: Lost 16-13 @ Washington;

Week 5: Lost 33-14 @ Philadelphia;

Week 6: Lost 28-21 vs. Carolina;

Week 7: Lost 35-7 vs. New England;

Week 8: Bye

Week 9: vs. Green Bay;

Week 10: @ Miami;

Week 11: vs. New Orleans;

Week 12: @ Atlanta;

Week 13: @ Carolina;

Week 14: vs. NY Jets

Week 15: @ Seattle;

Week 16: @ New Orleans;

Week 17: vs. Atlanta

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay probably has the toughest schedule the rest of the way.

First three before the bye and first three after the bye

@ Philly

vs. Carolina

vs. New England

Bye

vs. Green Bay

@ Miami

vs. New Orleans

and there on the road for 5 of there last 8.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Alright, the Panthers, Titans, Chiefs, & Bucs should avoid it. The Panthers & Titans should avoid it just because they're not bad teams. They've just gotten off to a slow start, and should get it going sooner or later. The Chiefs & Bucs both play in divisions where it's possible for them to get wins within the division. The Bucs are going to get a win, especially considering that they play the Falcons and Saints. Both of these teams have historically lost games within the division to teams that they clearly shouldn't have lost to, and it could damn well happen this year as well. The same with the Chiefs, they're either gonna catch the Chargers napping or they'll beat the Raiders.

Now, the Browns & Rams have a legit shot at this. The NFC West has gotten better...except for the Rams. The Rams are STILL terrible. It's unlikely that they're gonna win within their division. They could still have a shot outside of the division, so I think they'll get a win.

The Browns have the best shot at actually doing it. They're currently 29th in offense, 32nd in defense, have a bad coach, terrible QB situation, they play in arguably the toughest division in the NFL, and they're just plain bad. A lot of teams COULD go 0-16 this year, but I'd put money on the Browns to actually do it.

It's gotta be the Rams that'd pull this off. The Rams are easily the worst team in the NFL right now and they're barely keeping their losses competitive. The Redskins game aside, they are playing like they can't wait for 2010.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You have to believe the Titans will improve.

Here are some key match ups in the race to 0-16

Week 5

Browns @ Bills- Bills only win so far this year was against another 0 contestant, in Tampa Bay. Will Cleveland get a better chance to get off of 0.

Redskins @ Panthers- Even the Lions can beat the 'Skins, maybe now or never for the Panthers!!!

Week 6

Chiefs @ Redskins- Maybe the 'Skins will take some sympathy on the Chiefs?

Rams @ Jaguars- Jags are inconsistent, could be a chance for an upset win for the Lambs here.

Week 7

Patriots @ Bucs (in London)- Ok would be a huge upset, but maybe the travel will do strange things to the Pats??

Packers @ Browns- A home game against the not so hot Packers, possible chance for the Browns.

Week 8

Jags @ Titans- A revenge mission for Tennessee. Either that or they want a shot one of the QBs in the draft?

Rams @ Lions- If you can't beat the Lions who are you going to beat??

Will update the list later on if its needed!! But these are teams with long seasons stretching out ahead of them now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It's gotta be the Rams that'd pull this off. The Rams are easily the worst team in the NFL right now and they're barely keeping their losses competitive. The Redskins game aside, they are playing like they can't wait for 2010.

The Rams have allowed more to score against them they have scored themselves when their oiffense has been on the field. That is just so stunningly bad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Browns will beat at least one of: Detroit, Kansas City or Oakland, and I think they could definitely catch somebody napping, like Buffalo, Green Bay, Cincinnati or Jacksonville. Remember that they also put a whooping on the Giants last year when they were 0-3 and the Giants 3-0. Verdict for the Browns is no more than 4 wins. The Rams are pretty abysmal, but I still see them winning at least one or two.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Browns will beat at least one of: Detroit, Kansas City or Oakland, and I think they could definitely catch somebody napping, like Buffalo, Green Bay, Cincinnati or Jacksonville. Remember that they also put a whooping on the Giants last year when they were 0-3 and the Giants 3-0. Verdict for the Browns is no more than 4 wins. The Rams are pretty abysmal, but I still see them winning at least one or two.

Whilst not denying that the Browns will get a win or two (I suspect all the 0-4 teams will get a couple of wins at least somewhere a long the way), personally I think the Browns look worse this year, so wouldn't use a 2008 example to show why the Browns will win. Personally I think the most concerning thing is that the Browns bench Quinn and then fail to put the Bengals away.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Alright, the Panthers, Titans, Chiefs, & Bucs should avoid it. The Panthers & Titans should avoid it just because they're not bad teams. They've just gotten off to a slow start, and should get it going sooner or later. The Chiefs & Bucs both play in divisions where it's possible for them to get wins within the division. The Bucs are going to get a win, especially considering that they play the Falcons and Saints. Both of these teams have historically lost games within the division to teams that they clearly shouldn't have lost to, and it could damn well happen this year as well. The same with the Chiefs, they're either gonna catch the Chargers napping or they'll beat the Raiders.

Now, the Browns & Rams have a legit shot at this. The NFC West has gotten better...except for the Rams. The Rams are STILL terrible. It's unlikely that they're gonna win within their division. They could still have a shot outside of the division, so I think they'll get a win.

The Browns have the best shot at actually doing it. They're currently 29th in offense, 32nd in defense, have a bad coach, terrible QB situation, they play in arguably the toughest division in the NFL, and they're just plain bad. A lot of teams COULD go 0-16 this year, but I'd put money on the Browns to actually do it.

Forget winning. They haven't even scored on a divisional opponent yet. For what it's worth, they are on a pace to score 96 points this season. The previous 16 game record for offensive futility is 140 points. The Rams have no receivers, a garbage line, and 3 QBs who have PTSD, flat out suck, and played in goddamn NCAA Division II last year respectively.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't see it happening.

Cleveland has a cupcake finish to their schedule. They'll win at least 1 of their final 3. The Chefs are bad enough to lose them all, but also have a fairly easy schedule. Tampa has the toughest, but has 3 very winnable games left. The Panthers and Titans should win their share.

The Rams are probably the best candidate to go 0-16, but I still think they're good for 3 or 4 wins.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Oh, I don't see four wins out of the Rams. Are you high?

0-16 was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, a confluence of bad play and bad luck. These crappy teams should all squeeze out a win at the end when opponents are either decimated, tanking, or resting.

Something feels really wrong about how much bad football there is, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Raiders are also early candidates for this, but you gotta believe they'll win ONE game. You also gotta believe that Jamarcus Russell is gonna be out of football in a couple years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What happened to the parity-obsessed NFL of a few years ago where every team could conceivably finish between 5-11 and 11-5 with the right amount of good/bad luck? There's no new labour agreement, no major rule changes... just bad coaches? Bad GMs?

I just find it interesting from an outsider's perspective as the supposed parity from the NFL salary cap has been cited as an influence by the National Rugby League here to rigidly enforce their salary cap in the name of parity, with the result being 8 different winners in 9 years.

liverpool-1.png

I'm curious to see, does anyone know the over/under for how many sacks the Vikings will have against the Rams on Sunday?

twitter

Archived