The Race for 0-16.

BrySmalls

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably 2. Maybe 3. Not 4. Bulger will will them to a win or two against Detroit and Arizona. People don't realize how special it was for the Lions to go 0-16.

I'm not sure. I just checked and the Rams lost their last 10 games from last year, 2 more losses and the match the Lions' streak of 19 in a row. If they go 0-16, they match the Buccaneers all time record. This Rams team may be just as bad as the Lions team from last year.

But it is really hard to lose 16 in a season, the game against the Lions stands a good chance of breaking it. The Titans could also be down when their face them, though I expect Jeff Fisher to get them somewhat straightened out after the bye. I could also see the Cardinals and/or 49ers being worn out during Week 16 and 17, which could lead to a win (similar to the Ravens vs. the Dolphins in 2007). Those 4 games are the best chances for a win.

I just noticed that in week 17 the Chiefs face off at the Denver Broncos. Still possible it could be 15-0 vs 0-15.

Chiefs beat the Skins in week 6.

Buzz kill. :D

Wins against the 'Skins don't count this year. :hockeysmiley:

Do losses against the Skins count?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just noticed that in week 17 the Chiefs face off at the Denver Broncos. Still possible it could be 15-0 vs 0-15.

Chiefs beat the Skins in week 6.

Buzz kill. :D

Wins against the 'Skins don't count this year. :hockeysmiley:

Do losses against the Skins count?

As its the Rams, we will take sympathy on them and say no.

For everyone else they count double :grin:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here are the most winnable games for the last 3 in the race to 0.

Tennessee Titans

week 8 vs Jaguars

week 10 vs Bills

week 11 @ Texans

week 14 vs Rams

week 15 vs Dolphins

week 17 @ Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccs

week 10 @ Dolphins

week 13 @ Panthers

week 14 vs Jets

week 15 @ Seahawks

St Louis Rams

week 8 @ Lions

week 12 vs Seahawks

week 14 @ Titans

week 15 vs Texans

Bottom line- Tennessee really ought to find a win somewhere. Buccs perhaps maybe the least likely team to get a win, 3 of my list (you may of course disagree) being on the road. The Rams have 2 road trips that are winnable, the Lions and Titans combining for 1 win so far this year, and a couple of decent shots at home.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I can't see the Titans going winless. They are not a good team but they should not be winless.

The Rams and Bucs have a legit chance at it. I can see them winning a game or two, but I would not be surprised if either of them go 0-16.

saBS.png

Tennessee is going to win. They may be winless, but they are damn sure better than the Bucs & Rams. The Bucs will probably catch an NFC South team sleeping. The Rams have been absolutely turrible, but I'm sure that they will get a win. Their best shot's going to come against Detroit though. If they don't get it done then, they may be in serious trouble.

Here are the most winnable games for the last 3 in the race to 0.

Tampa Bay Buccs

week 10 @ Dolphins

week 13 @ Panthers

week 14 vs Jets

week 15 @ Seahawks

74-year old Vinny Testaverde would have come back and play in place of Rusty Trombone Dirty Sanchez for Tampa to have any chance of beating the Jets.

6uXNWAo.png

Tennessee is going to win. They may be winless, but they are damn sure better than the Bucs & Rams. The Bucs will probably catch an NFC South team sleeping. The Rams have been absolutely turrible, but I'm sure that they will get a win. Their best shot's going to come against Detroit though. If they don't get it done then, they may be in serious trouble.

If they can't get a win against a Detroit team that is missing Stafford and Johnson, I am resigned to an 0-16 year.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If they can't get a win against a Detroit team that is missing Stafford and Johnson, I am resigned to an 0-16 year.

That said, every worthwhile player the Rams have outside of Steven Jackson has been hurt for the Rams this year, and a number of them were hurt seriously and are still out. So let injuries be no excuse for whichever team comes up the worst.

That said, every worthwhile player the Rams have outside of Steven Jackson has been hurt for the Rams this year, and a number of them were hurt seriously and are still out. So let injuries be no excuse for whichever team comes up the worst.

I'm not trying to be an @$$, but who the heck do the Rams have that is worthwhile outside of SJ? Don't say Donnie Avery or Leonard Little. Bulger, maybe, but I can't think of anyone else.

I'm not trying to be an @$$, but who the heck do the Rams have that is worthwhile outside of SJ? Don't say Donnie Avery or Leonard Little. Bulger, maybe, but I can't think of anyone else.

James Laurinitis is having an excellent rookie season thus far.

Today, we are all otaku.

Actually, I forgot about James, he's been healthy. I'm not sure why I'm not allowed to say Leonard Little. He's been fantastic his whole career and he's a lone bright spot this year (rumored to be his final year).

Bulger's not worthwhile. At all.

But Jackson is. Avery's not a star, but he's worthwhile. If he could stay on the field he'd have a better shot at living up to his draft status. Laurent Robinson was looking to be a good acquisition at WR, but he quickly went out for the year. James Butler and OJ Atogwe are very worthwhile on defense. Butler just came back, I'm not sure if OJ's been healthy all year or not.

Jackson is our only star. Our only "playmaker" if you will. (A couple of guys have that potential, but we'll see if they do anything with it.) But that doesn't mean there's not a few other worthwhile players on the roster.

Archived