Who Will Win The East?

CrookedThumb

Who will win the Eastern Confernce in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't really matter, but I'll chalk one up for the Devils. Do you realize that the only teams to have won the cup in the last ten years (since 1995) are the Wings, Avs or Devils (with the only exception being the Stars in 1999)? I'd bet money that one of those three win it again this year (most likely being the Wings).

The Devils, they are the hottest team right now, woth 2 all-star defensemen out. Rafalski will be back for the playoffs and Stevens may return at some point. Plus, they are the Defending Champs, and have won the most cups over the past decade (I know they are tired with Detroit with 3 but the Devils swept them head to head in the finals).

The Devils will repeat as champs and Scott Niedermayer will be the Conn Smythe winner.

Actually, i don't care who wins the conference...the possiblity of Leafs/Canadiens is made more likely tonight, so who cares about the conference finals when the first round is gonna be the main event?

GO CANADIENS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do you realize that the only teams to have won the cup in the last ten years (since 1995) are the Wings, Avs or Devils (with the only exception being the Stars in 1999)?

1995 - New Jersey Devils (defeated Red Wings in Finals)

1996 - Colorado Avalanche

1997 - Detroit Red Wings

1998 - Detroit Red Wings

1999 - Dallas Stars

2000 - New Jersey Devils

2001 - Colorado Avalanche (Defeated Devils in Finals)

2002 - Detroit Red Wings

2003 - New Jersey Devils

Definantly the triumvirate of hockey for the last 10 years

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As of roughly 9:00 PM yesterday (coinciding with the demise of the Sabres' playoff hopes), I became and will remain until the conclusion of the playoffs, a full-blooded Leaf's fan.

In fact, is there a way for me to become a Canadian :flagcanada: for 3 months? I'd be willing to take a test... or have an operation.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Y'all can say whatever you want, but the Rangers will win the East. We're gonna win the cup this year.

(Goes in the corner and cries like a little girl because his team sucks more than the new guy in jail.)

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Y'all can say whatever you want, but the Rangers will win the East. We're gonna win the cup this year.

(Goes in the corner and cries like a little girl because his team sucks more than the new guy in jail.)

"Da, Da, Da, Da-Da...

...Da, Da, Da, Da-Da...

......Da, Da, Da, Da-Da......

.........Da-Da-Da... RANGERS SUCK!!!"

*sigh*... Beautiful..... :D

sB9ijEj.png

RANGERS SUCK!!!

The worst part about being a Rangers fan now?

I can't even dispute that anymore.

It upsets me too becaue in the 1990's this was the premier NHL rivalry, and to some extent it still is one of the better rivalries in the NHL.

However, with the Devils total domination, and the Rangers lack of goodness, it has taken alot of the luster off of it. It hass fallen behind Devils-Flyers and Avs-Wings even.... I'd like the Rangers to be competitive again, so 93-94 can repeat itself, hopefully with a different outcome...

sB9ijEj.png

devils suck

canadians are evil and they suck

bruins will choke in the first round like always, and they suck

islanders suck (peca and yashin suck)

lightning suck (hope they get killed in the first round)

senetors are cry babies "hockey night in canada is biased" give me a break. and they suck

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devils suck

canadians are evil and they suck

bruins will choke in the first round like always, and they suck

islanders suck (peca and yashin suck)

lightning suck (hope they get killed in the first round)

senetors are cry babies "hockey night in canada is biased" give me a break. and they suck

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone's Blue Leaf is showing....

We own the Leafs, so pray you don't have to play the Devils.

sB9ijEj.png

All this hatin' on the Lightning, I don't get it. I like what they've done there, put together a good team without having to bring in the overpriced mercenaries (see also: Ranjerks).

That being said, I don't think they have, yet, what it takes to win the conference championship. I suspect the Devils may make a good run at that. However, it's a pretty wide-open race, so I wouldn't totally count them out, either. Certainly could make the final.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived