Who Will Win The East?

CrookedThumb

Who will win the Eastern Confernce in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

devils suck

canadians are evil and they suck

bruins will choke in the first round like always, and they suck

islanders suck (peca and yashin suck)

lightning suck (hope they get killed in the first round)

senetors are cry babies "hockey night in canada is biased" give me a break. and they suck

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone's Blue Leaf is showing....

We own the Leafs, so pray you don't have to play the Devils.

i hate to admitt it, but ur right.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All this hatin' on the Lightning, I don't get it. I like what they've done there, put together a good team without having to bring in the overpriced mercenaries (see also: Ranjerks).

That being said, I don't think they have, yet, what it takes to win the conference championship. I suspect the Devils may make a good run at that. However, it's a pretty wide-open race, so I wouldn't totally count them out, either. Certainly could make the final.

Well I don't hate the Lightning. I really hope they win the East, but I just don't think their goaltending will let that happen.

I saw, I came, I left.

THe Islanders may be the luckiest 8th seed ever. If Montreal had lost last night, New York COULD have moved up to the 7th spot and faced either Toronto or Boston and gotten creamed in the first round. Now they'll play the Lightning who are a great team but lost some pretty bad games to the Isles right at the end of the season. This should be interesting, but I'm rooting Bolts all the way.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

People hate on the Devils too, when we actually get rid of anyone who wants Mega Millions. Lou don't play that game. And we've remained competitive for going on 12 seasons now, because of, without question, the greatest farm system in all of sports.

The Rangers tried basing their farm system on ours, but they trade away all their minor league talent for overpriced washups... they can't make it work because the money makes them see crooked. Even with Steinbrenners money backing him, Lou never played that game, and it's payed off. Stop hatin' on the Devils.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well, the way I see it is this:

Since 1991, only two Canadian teams have even BEEN to the Finals: Montreal in 1993 and Vancouver in 1994, meaning it's been all stateside for the last ten years. Montreal is the only Canadian team to have actually WON the Cup in the last fourteen years.

'Nuff said.

Since 1991, only two Canadian teams have even BEEN to the Finals: Montreal in 1993 and Vancouver in 1994, meaning it's been all stateside for the last ten years. Montreal is the only Canadian team to have actually WON the Cup in the last fourteen years.

'Nuff said.

So it's about freakin' time!

:D:flagcanada:

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

'Nuff said.

and 15 years ago ended 7 straight years of Canadian Cup wins, oh, if only I could remember those days...good times for all

canadians are evil and they suck

no, YOU SUCK

All this hatin' on the Lightning, I don't get it

well, its Tampa Bay...in FLORIDA...sorry, but I can't like any hockey team origonating in the sun belt, especially the Lightning...things were so much nicer when they sucked, everything was right in the world

All this hatin' on the Lightning, I don't get it.  I like what they've done there, put together a good team without having to bring in the overpriced mercenaries (see also: Ranjerks).

That being said, I don't think they have, yet, what it takes to win the conference championship.  I suspect the Devils may make a good run at that.  However, it's a pretty wide-open race, so I wouldn't totally count them out, either.  Certainly could make the final.

Well I don't hate the Lightning. I really hope they win the East, but I just don't think their goaltending will let that happen.

I see Tampa as this year's Ottawa. They kick ass in the regular season and then get beat to hell in the playoffs. We'll see, though.

Stop hatin' on the Devils.

i only hate the devils becaus they beet the leafs two years in row. those were toronto's two best chances at the cup.

sorry zer0dotcom, but as a loyal leafs fan it was my sacred duty to say that. if montreal plays an american team they have my support. if they play ottawa they have my support (ottawa is full of cry babies). however, if the canadians play the leafs, then they represent all that is evil in the world. i wouldnt mind a montreal cup victory however. dont count on it though, because a winters in buffalo said, the cup's commin' home!!!!!!!!!

the leafs are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be!

Lou don't play that game. And we've remained competitive for going on 12 seasons now, because of, without question, the greatest farm system in all of sports.

I thought the Expos were the greatest farm team in all of sports. :D

new jersey has to ruin it for everyone. not as bad as the kings though. in '93 we could have had a toronto-montreal final.

don't forget 2002

i was so pumped up to see a leafs-wings final.

damn u carolina! does ur trechery know no end?!?!?!?!

Well since we're all saying who we don't want to win, I guess I'll say who I don't want to win.

Devils and Islanders

I'm a big Lightning fan and I am pulling for them all the way, but if they lose, I'm rooting for any other team BUT New Jersey and New York.

Archived