Duke Gets Robbed

JQK

Duke is allot like the Yankees they have their fans and their haters, based nothing more then on jeaolousy.

Jealousy for the haters...

bandwagon-i-like-a-winner on the fans' side.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Duke is allot like the Yankees they have their fans and their haters, based nothing more then on jeaolousy.

I agree with that, to some degree (the funny thing is I love the Yankees and dislike Duke). I also think the character of the team (or lack thereof) and coach (sore winner) come into play.

People love a Cinderella, but they also love to hate a villain. Team USA in 1980 wouldn't have been as special if we had beaten Estonia and Italy to win gold. It was only legendary because we beat the evil, better Soviets.

300th POST!!!!

I don't think Reddick was fouled.

I also don't think Duke got screwed. Okafor's ticky-tak/phantom fouls cost Uconn a bit, eh? Same with Williams of Duke.

It's a shame that the officials had to call a game so horribly. Both teams were getting screwed throughout. It made it hard to watch.

However, I think if the game was called better, UConn still would have won--with Okafor on the floor and not the bench.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

UConn is the better team. For Duke to even let UConn keep it close without their best player and playing as flat as UConn did... proves that. Luol Deng isn't in Okafor's league on Emeka's worst day. UConn has the better shooters, they have the better post players... and today, UConn had the better coach, just like '99.

What the heck does Luol Deng have to do with this? Deng wasn't guarding Okafor, Shelden Williams, Nick Horvath, and Shavlik Randolph were. Also, how quick we are to forget Deng is a FRESHMAN, he's not a Junior like Okafor or Gordon and yet he still goes out and scores 16 points and grabs 12 boards. Deng has 100x as big a heart as Okafor. Deng is a leader and he is a FRESHMAN, just wait till next year. Oh, and I don't see how you can compare The Univeristy of Duke and the New York Yankees. Duke only gets 13 scholarships, just like everybody else, it is the fact that they use those scholarships wisely and don't take risky players. Why does everybody hate Duke? It is because nobody ever gets in trouble there, Krzyzewski doesn't recruit bad apples, he recruits intelligent and gifted athletes. Krzyzewski graduates 62 percent of his players, thats more then every other school in the Sweet 16 except Kansas. So, you all can hate Duke, because they get "Favorable Calls" but what it comes down to was that those refs sucked last night. Oh, and how does UConn have the better coach, thats crap and everybody on the message board knows it. 10 Final Four appearances, Krzyzewski has more wins in the final four, then Calhoun has appearances. They are talking about comparing Krzyzewski with the Wizard of Westwood, the great John Wooden. 7 straight sixteen appearances currently, 5 straight Final Fours a while back. You can't prove to me that UConn has a better coach. Talk to me when he has 5 Final Fours, then we can compare the two.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

UConn is the better team. For Duke to even let UConn keep it close without their best player and playing as flat as UConn did... proves that. Luol Deng isn't in Okafor's league on Emeka's worst day. UConn has the better shooters, they have the better post players... and today, UConn had the better coach, just like '99.

What the heck does Luol Deng have to do with this? Deng wasn't guarding Okafor, Shelden Williams, Nick Horvath, and Shavlik Randolph were. Also, how quick we are to forget Deng is a FRESHMAN, he's not a Junior like Okafor or Gordon and yet he still goes out and scores 16 points and grabs 12 boards. Deng has 100x as big a heart as Okafor. Deng is a leader and he is a FRESHMAN, just wait till next year. Oh, and I don't see how you can compare The Univeristy of Duke and the New York Yankees. Duke only gets 13 scholarships, just like everybody else, it is the fact that they use those scholarships wisely and don't take risky players. Why does everybody hate Duke? It is because nobody ever gets in trouble there, Krzyzewski doesn't recruit bad apples, he recruits intelligent and gifted athletes. Krzyzewski graduates 62 percent of his players, thats more then every other school in the Sweet 16 except Kansas. So, you all can hate Duke, because they get "Favorable Calls" but what it comes down to was that those refs sucked last night. Oh, and how does UConn have the better coach, thats crap and everybody on the message board knows it. 10 Final Four appearances, Krzyzewski has more wins in the final four, then Calhoun has appearances. They are talking about comparing Krzyzewski with the Wizard of Westwood, the great John Wooden. 7 straight sixteen appearances currently, 5 straight Final Fours a while back. You can't prove to me that UConn has a better coach. Talk to me when he has 5 Final Fours, then we can compare the two.

That's funny... I don't remember ever saying he did. Oh, cuz' I didn't. That's right.

Luol Deng is regarded as Duke's best player. Luol Deng is the one who could very well go pro after this season. i was just saying that because Duke's best player isn't even close to UConn's best as people have said Luol Deng is SOOO good. There was even talk about whether or not he'd go straight to the pros. I wouldn't count on Deng returning next year, all though he very well may. And you want to tell me Emeka doesn't have heart or that Deng's is bigger?! That's crap and you know it. Emeka wasn't exactly pleased to be on the bench and was even firey about it as time wound down in the 1st half. Okafor almost got a technical foul pleading his case to the referee because he had too much emotion and let the f word fly a few times. Yeah... that looks like no heart to me. Just look at which team showed up to play those final 3 minutes. That's heart. I can't wait till next year either. Villanueva and Boone are gonna be scary downlow for other teams. Add that to Anderson and a few other key players comin back... UConn's not gonna be a pushover.

and today, UConn had the better coach, just like '99.

Maybe the "today" through you off. Meaning on that particular day/evening... Jim Calhoun had his team better prepared and outcoached Coach K... just as he did in the '99 finals. Jim Calhoun knew when to take his players out because of foul trouble. And Duke, the 'best' coached team in the nation used poor clock management and took awful shots. What great coaching. It's so tough these days winning these days with all those All-Americans from High School.

Also, how quick we are to forget Deng is a FRESHMAN, he's not a Junior like Okafor or Gordon and yet he still goes out and scores 16 points and grabs 12 boards

I didn't forget that he's a freshman but how impressive (sarcasm)! 12 rebounds and 16 points when UConn's biggest force downlow sits for 16 of the first 20 minutes! It's not like a freshman has EVER produced like that in the tournament! (sarcasm, once again)

This is the one game Duke has had in which the calls weren't in favor of them. That's why everyone hates Duke. When Duke loses a game that's called down the middle as opposed to being favoring Duke... it's a horrific tragedy and SO unfair for the Duke fans.

IUe6Hvh.png

Nobody is questioning the fact that Duke is one of the four greatest teams in college basketball history. However, :censored: happens, you can't blame 40 minutes of basketball on one bad call. If that's the case then Xavier should have all the reason to cry, if the ref doesn't blow that call the Dukies aren't even in the final four. Or how about losing four of six games coming into the tourney and getting a number one seed. Maybe it is Jealousy, but man alive, perhaps their luck just ran out.

Georgia Tech is the real deal, this is coming from a Kansas fan who was in St. Louis, they will push UConn heartily.

Travis

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

No doubt they will push UConn. The problem for Georgia Tech is... They don't have the talent to match up with UConn and they don't have the coaches. Georgia Tech is a talented team with lots of depth... but UConn has, all season, been regarded as the most talented team in the Nation. They were said to be that even before Boone stepped up and was "filling in" for Villanueva in the starting rotation. Boone has since became a very good basketball player... getting 14 rebounds (I think) against Duke. There's is absolutely no way that Georgia Tech can compete with UConn down low. Sure, Scheenscher (?) has improved over the course of the season... but UConn, and Emeka Okafor, especially won't give him the easy buckets that Oklahoma State did.

I've heard alot of GT faithful talk about having already beat UConn. November is very far behind us... the Preseason NIT victory over UConn means nothing now and here's why...

- Okafor, for the first time, felt the back spasms and his movement was VERY limited for that game... yet he still got 10+ rebounds and 6 blocks.

- Rashad Anderson was struggling for the first 13 or so games. Now he's averaging like, 17 a game in the tournament.

- Villanueva was out that game because of complications with his eligibility.

- Boone wasn't even supposed to be a starter... he, at that point, looked lost out on the court.

- UConn won't be blindsided this time.

As a UConn fan, I'm not all that worried about this game at all because UConn has finally been tested in the tournament. I would be VERY suprised at seeing a Jim Calhoun team get off to a hot start and then just completely stop playing defense as they did against Duke. When UConn finally started playing defense again (around the 3 minute mark) was when you saw the Huskies for the first time, maybe all season as what they really are. I won't be suprised to see GT in foul trouble early downlow. And once that happens... that's game.

IUe6Hvh.png

And Tech fans can reply to those reasons with reasons of their own.

-- Bynum wasn't eligible during the NIT tourney and didn't play.

-- Schensher has improved, too

-- etc...

I like how UConn fans come up for excuses in that game. They lost. Tech has the talent to beat them. I'm not saying they WILL, but you can't just ignore the NIT game... Tech showed they can compete.

It'll be a good game either way.

Go Tech.

Archived