Retro Radio Logos

illwauk

Not sure if this is more appropriate for the requests forum, but the mods will know what to do if it is.

Anyway, my cousin's band is putting out a album with humourous GTA (grand theft auto) style interludes based on a 1970s rock radio station and I got roped into doing some of the album art/flyers/etc. I tried google-ing some logos/signage from actual stations from that era to get ideas and keep coming up empty. Any suggestions?

You piqued my curiosity, so I did a quick search. This link might help.

http://www.amandfmmorningside.com/the_competition_other_stations.html

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If you want to give it a local flair, try wikipedia and search for Milwaukee radio. I've done this just out of curiosity and a history lesson. They usually have what the logos looked like over the years and the differnet formats they carried.

packchampionslfroh.png

DO NOT FORGEt New York Radio as well!!! One of the most classic Radio Station Logos was the 1973 MUSICRADIO77WABC Yellow Musical note Bumper Sticker! Log on to www.musicradio77.com for that bumper sticker!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Guest Matt John

A logo is a graphical element (ideogram, symbol, emblem, icon, sign) that, together with its logotype (a uniquely set and arranged typeface) form a trademark or commercial brand. Typically, a logo's design is for immediate recognition.[1] The logo is one aspect of a company's commercial brand, or economic or academic entity, and its shapes, colors, fonts, and images usually are different from others in a similar market. Logos are also used to identify organizations and other non-commercial entities.

I have done cheap travel deals with my client;

Thanks

If you want to give it a local flair, try wikipedia and search for Milwaukee radio. I've done this just out of curiosity and a history lesson. They usually have what the logos looked like over the years and the differnet formats they carried.

They're actually out of NE Michigan, not Milwaukee. I might still be tempted to use a local one if our radio logos weren't so damn bland. Ironic, considering our TV stations (4 and 12 in particular) have had some of the longest-standing logos in history.

But after doing some research, I decided the only way to go is the "rainbow oval," which I've come to find out is the 70s radio equivalent of the Princeton/Michigan wings. The KLOS logo on the page leopard88 linked to is in this style.

Here are some sticker sites. 99% of the stickers will have the station logo. You'll have better luck searching for stickers than you will looking for logos.

collection of different stations

Detroit

One more...

Just for fun...I used to be the program director and afternoon drive on this one...wpcx.jpg

And I hosted a sports talk show on this one...wmbo-1.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived