2010 World Cup Kits

Frankie

Would anyone happen to know of a website where I can get a kit relatively cheap? I'm not dropping $85 plus shipping on a jersey, but if I want one, it sure looks like that will be the case and I won't be getting one.

I really like France's white kit, and Japan's kits, both home and road. The font's weren't great, but not too bad as far as numbers go. The name font was pretty bad though, but unless you have the letter r in your name, I guess it wasn't that bad.

http://www.onionbag.com/100-Sale-Soccer-Items.aspx

Looking at $40 to $50 for blanks, $65+ for names/numbers.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was cool, but it makes me wonder a couple of things. First, don't they usually wear a brighter blue shade of shorts with the red jerseys? So their team photo will be of a uniform combination they've never actually worn. And second, imagine what a cool collectors piece those uniforms with the stars would have been!

That was cool, but it makes me wonder a couple of things. First, don't they usually wear a brighter blue shade of shorts with the red jerseys? So their team photo will be of a uniform combination they've never actually worn. And second, imagine what a cool collectors piece those uniforms with the stars would have been!

Yes, that's true, but they would have to change their shorts on the field as well as the blue jerseys. That's not cool.

Would anyone happen to know of a website where I can get a kit relatively cheap? I'm not dropping $85 plus shipping on a jersey, but if I want one, it sure looks like that will be the case and I won't be getting one.

I really like France's white kit, and Japan's kits, both home and road. The font's weren't great, but not too bad as far as numbers go. The name font was pretty bad though, but unless you have the letter r in your name, I guess it wasn't that bad.

http://www.onionbag.com/100-Sale-Soccer-Items.aspx

Looking at $40 to $50 for blanks, $65+ for names/numbers.

Thank you, OG. You are the man. Much more reasonable prices, maybe I'll get a blank.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for bumping this thread up but I had a quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere on the web and I figured someone here would definitely know. Are the numbers/letters on the jerseys worn on the field by the players sewn on (like you would see on an authentic NFL jersey/NHL jersey/MLB jersey etc) or are they screened on?

I picked up what was being advertised as an authentic Donovan USA jersey and the numbers/letters are all screened on. It seemed odd since I'm used to jerseys from all the other sports, but I'm really not familiar with how soccer does things like this so I just wanted to check since it's entirely possible they go the screened route. The letters used for "Donovan" seem to be smaller than what was worn in South Africa on the field, otherwise the jersey itself seems to be authentic (it has the serial number, the DTOM logo on the back of the badge, etc).

Thanks for any help and sorry again for bumping this up.

I apologize for bumping this thread up but I had a quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere on the web and I figured someone here would definitely know. Are the numbers/letters on the jerseys worn on the field by the players sewn on (like you would see on an authentic NFL jersey/NHL jersey/MLB jersey etc) or are they screened on?

I picked up what was being advertised as an authentic Donovan USA jersey and the numbers/letters are all screened on. It seemed odd since I'm used to jerseys from all the other sports, but I'm really not familiar with how soccer does things like this so I just wanted to check since it's entirely possible they go the screened route. The letters used for "Donovan" seem to be smaller than what was worn in South Africa on the field, otherwise the jersey itself seems to be authentic (it has the serial number, the DTOM logo on the back of the badge, etc).

Thanks for any help and sorry again for bumping this up.

The numbers are indeed screened on.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived