New Personal Logo

JamieRose

I don't see anything clear or anything, but just be aware of what the dot of the j does to the mark. It gives it a human icon type feel. So just make sure nothing is being implied that you don't want.

Again, outside of me being able to see a human icon, I don't see anything specific, but others might.

I don't see anything clear or anything, but just be aware of what the dot of the j does to the mark. It gives it a human icon type feel. So just make sure nothing is being implied that you don't want.

Dot the 'j' with something other than a circle?

Maybe a square to keep it simple, or a pen nib if it's for design work?

its not the logo of a designer really.

looks more like a publishing house or something.

id come up with some more ideas if i were you. i dont think there is anything wrong with the monogram

initials idea, its just very obvious and boring at the moment. i preferred your capital letter version.

why not start making up some hand rendered ideas using those letters rather than using type fonts.

Ok, so it seems pretty unanimous which logo I should go with. Here's what is there, and one with the square as per Gordie's suggestion.

JNConcept1.png

Between these two, I like the one on the left better, the Logo Concept.

Yay, my 500th post! ^_^

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Well here's an update with the capital JN. I'm going to try to take davidson's advice, I just need to figure out some new directions to take. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JNLogo.png

And here's a couple ideas I've been playing with.

JNLogo2.png

TDZiMMB.png

i prefer the top one to the previous jn. not sure the green stuff is working there.

i reckon you could do a bit more with the letters.

i just had a ten minute mess around with some shapes, and i reckon you could do something

interesting with a monogram like that.

below are some of the ideas ideas. i think i like far right best. its got a symmetry to it and you

could create patterns with it.

just some rough stuff, im sure you could do something more inspiring, but i think this

sort of illustrates what im saying.

jn.png

fd

I like what you've done, davidson. As you said, the one on the right could make some nice patterns, and i do like the symmetry within it. I took that idea a modified it a bit to make the letters flow together a bit more. I'm not sure how I feel about it at the moment, but I do like the direction it could go in.

NLogos3.png

TDZiMMB.png

Oooh, quite like that to be honest. Might want to make it a tad shorter, at the moment it's very vertical, but it's got some great potential. If you find a nice text treatment to go with it, you've got yourself a solid personal logo. Great advice Fraser.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

feels a wee bit lop sided i reckon.

if you are going to link them, i wouldnt leave the tail on the n with such a wide radius. makes the whole thing skew left.

the stroke looks a bit generic for my money. think you could give the letters quite a bit more character by hand drawing them.

again, im not just a gob :censored:e, thsi si the type of thing i mean. top left feels somewhat phallic to me for some reason, but i like the

way the second mark transfers and has somewhat of a tribal feel to it. i always feel like your mark should feel like a stamp or something

you could make easily with paper and pen, paint, in the mud, with all sorts of media, not just in illustrator with the stroke tool.

jn2.png

Archived