New Personal Logo

JamieRose

Here's an update, shortened as per chestnutz's suggestion.

NLogos4.png

I like this design. although i have to admit i liked the face one from your first post thought it was different. To even it out! what if you ad a D to the end of your n. i think that little hook its sending it off balance. I do like Davidson look for you as well.

MikePho3niX.png

In light of the potential "junk" jokes, I went away from the monogram for now, as that's all I can see in any of my sketches. So I made something that I know has been done before, but it is still unique because it's my face, and nobody else has that.. well except for this guy who I work with but that's a different story..

MyFace.png

TDZiMMB.png

its not really a logo of any sort.

and without wanting to sound disparaging, its not a particularly great rendering.

he seems to have one massive nostril and im not really sure what its supposed to say really.

id persist with some of the other design stuff to be honest.

i'm not sure why you think this ISN'T a logo... it is an identifiable mark for an individual or business

JNutini - it has potential... perhaps stylizing it a bit more will give it more a a branded feel than just a cartoon face...

perhaps trying a logo as just the goatee and glasses...maybe even adding the bangs in there slightly the res isnt really needed to understand what it is and whats going on there.

kinda like this i threw together

ggface.jpg

footer_helmet.gif

yeah i know what you are saying, but without descending into the esoteric or a battle of semantics, i would call it more of an illustration.

now thats fine, but if you are supposed to be representing yourself as a graphic designer, its pretty derivative and weak.

again, im not trying to sound harsh, its just my feedback and just an opinion.

i just think jnutini could do better.

I'm actually beginning to find it quite funny that I'm having such an incredibly difficult time with this. I mean I've made stuff for other people before, hell I sketched up a perfectly fitting logo for my girlfriend's photography, but when it comes to finding something that fits me and my design, I draw a complete blank (no pun intended.. okay maybe slightly intentional).

Basically, the more I make a monogram, the more I hate the idea and the look of it, not to mention the more it looks like something I don't want it to look like if you know what I mean. I've still been trying different angles, shapes, and styles with nothing looking right. I have a couple pages of my notebook filled with "JN"'s and no history notes.

I'm by no means giving up on this, just stating that this has been one of my biggest designing challenges yet. I re-rendered a rooster that I drew when I was 15, though, so I'm not at a complete mental roadblock. Anyway, I'll keep trying out more options and see what happens.

TDZiMMB.png

i'm not sure why you think this ISN'T a logo... it is an identifiable mark for an individual or business

JNutini - it has potential... perhaps stylizing it a bit more will give it more a a branded feel than just a cartoon face...

perhaps trying a logo as just the goatee and glasses...maybe even adding the bangs in there slightly the res isnt really needed to understand what it is and whats going on there.

kinda like this i threw together

ggface.jpg

Crap, i had this same idea for a logo for myself, my glasses are different and I have a goatee as well, but I'm bald...lol. Back to the drawing board.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 3 weeks later...

Archived