Illinois is wearing all blue for the first time in years

illini1

I really like them. Complete looking.

I love Illinois uniforms. They are the only FBS team (and only d1 team? perhaps) that wears that exact template.

I love the collar area and the I logo. And i might be in the minority...but i think striped helmets always work with modern templates...

modernized helmet stripes always annoy me.

Only thing I would like to see is a helmet logo with some character

I really like them. Complete looking.

I love Illinois uniforms. They are the only FBS team (and only d1 team? perhaps) that wears that exact template.

I love the collar area and the I logo. And i might be in the minority...but i think striped helmets always work with modern templates...

modernized helmet stripes always annoy me.

Only thing I would like to see is a helmet logo with some character

Their only logo with character was victim to political correctness. Theres not much they can do in the 'character' department anymore

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The all-blue looks good. The Illini just need a better helmet decal.

What do you think they should use? They can't use any Indian imagery, so they are limited in what they can use. The only other logo they really have right now is the I with a circle around it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And the Circle-I logo is a NIKE only logo unfortunately. They could potentially get permission to use it on the helmets, but I'm not sure it'd work real well to be honest. It looks good in small formats, but I'm not sure it would pop enough at a large scale on an orange background.

Do you guys have suggestions for another possibility? I'd be interested in just saying screw it and using the block I, orange with a blue and white outline, but that's not great either.

But seriously, what do you guys suggest? I don't really work with anything uniform related, but I do work at the Illinois Dept. of Intercollegiate Athletics as a designer. I can't claim to have any sort of pull, but I'm connected anyways, so if there's a GOOD idea out there, I'd love to propose it. So far I've struggled in my quest to put a logo identity together that's actually worth trying to take to the higher ups.

I thought Illinois looked just as :censored:ty as they played. I am not a fan of these uniforms in general, but going navy on navy, especially for homecoming, made it worse.

I don't mind all navy, but I agree with you otherwise. That's what happens when you let Nike destroy your uniforms.

heres some pics

221087b8-0d98-4a80-b394-04510afbc173.jpg

61e72d71-1b38-4ba2-a80b-d027a1df05fd.jpg

I'll have to admit, this is one of the few modern Nike templates that I like, and I think the blue on blue looks great.

Regarding Michigan State, still don't know why they don't just use the same white pants with the green stripe for both home and away...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived