MiLB 2010 Changes

Blackjack76

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That second-from-the-top Zephyrs logo is sexy.

Are the hats available yet? I very much want to purchase one over the internet.

The Z's online shop isn't up yet, but Lids has one of their new caps up in their recently refreshed Minor League Baseball cap section - here's the link: http://www.lids.com/pid/20185477

If not Lee, if the Zephyrs are in town when you are down here we can go to a game. Zephyr Stadium is pretty nice for a minor league park.

That second-from-the-top Zephyrs logo is sexy.

Are the hats available yet? I very much want to purchase one over the internet.

The Z's online shop isn't up yet, but Lids has one of their new caps up in their recently refreshed Minor League Baseball cap section - here's the link: http://www.lids.com/pid/20185477

If not Lee, if the Zephyrs are in town when you are down here we can go to a game. Zephyr Stadium is pretty nice for a minor league park.

I believe Joel and I have already slotted this in. When we have a firm date, we'll let you know.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oh, if only they would put out some merchandise with the old Zephyr roller coaster logo. I'm thinking that would go over really well down here, especially with those not so interested in baseball (we New Orleanians live in the past and cherish what is no longer there, ie K&B, Dixie Beer and Pontchartrain Beach...).

Also, while talking about the Zephyrs, they have a blue jersey with "NOLA" on it, but they used plain, white, block letters on it. Why not use the new "typeface"; give it a little style and depth? I would love to have a jersey with "NOLA" on it, but it's just so, well, boring...

Oh, if only they would put out some merchandise with the old Zephyr roller coaster logo. I'm thinking that would go over really well down here, especially with those not so interested in baseball (we New Orleanians live in the past and cherish what is no longer there, ie K&B, Dixie Beer and Pontchartrain Beach...).

Also, while talking about the Zephyrs, they have a blue jersey with "NOLA" on it, but they used plain, white, block letters on it. Why not use the new "typeface"; give it a little style and depth? I would love to have a jersey with "NOLA" on it, but it's just so, well, boring...

They introduced that jersey last year. At least this year, they added a the new logo to it in the form of a sleeve patch.

kU6ns.gif

They introduced that jersey last year. At least this year, they added a the new logo to it in the form of a sleeve patch.

But have you seen how high that patch is? It looks like it's placed right at the shoulder seam of the sleeve, so as not to cover the manufacturer's logo. Perhaps they should have put it on the other sleeve....

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best things about Minor League Baseball are the one off special uniforms.

The Buffalo Bisons are having "Star Wars Night" on June 10th. They will have special uniforms which will be auctioned off after the game for charity and they even have a special event logo.

GBZQtgHZ.jpg

O54pTBOo.jpg

Link

saBS.png

Couple of notes from my team (Dunedin Blue Jays) and the Florida State League:

- Dunedin will be wearing purple jerseys for a game in August to support the kickoff for 2011 Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society.

- The Clearwater Threshers (Phillies affiliate) have a new home uni, but I don't know for sure how often it's worn, as all I see them wear a home is the red alt.

edgargarcia.jpg

Click for red jersey, large pic

- The Lakeland Flying Tigers (Detroit affiliate) have nixed their sand-colored road unis (think Padres roads) that have been around for a good 5 years since the Flying Tigers rebrand came about, and have gone to the typical gray roadies.

- Finally got a look at the new Bradenton Marauders (Pittsburgh affiliate). The team has chose to wear their alt yellow cap with their usual gray roadies on their current road trip. It's a bit of an unconventional look, but it's not bad. Sorry no pics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But at $24, I'm wagering that the Everett caps are wool. Someone 2 hours south of me might be able to verify.

That seems like a fair argument, and at $24, I feel like I'm buying a new era cap back in 1997!

EDIT: Just called the Aquasox front office and they said they are of the new poly stlye. With shipping $31 for those interested.

not a bad deal, now the million dollar question as to how the hell a 7 1/2 fits....

I normally wear a 7 5/8 59/50 and had to go to 7 3/4 with these. It seems that these have the lower profile crown too......

Couple of notes from my team (Dunedin Blue Jays) and the Florida State League:

- Dunedin will be wearing purple jerseys for a game in August to support the kickoff for 2011 Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society.

- The Clearwater Threshers (Phillies affiliate) have a new home uni, but I don't know for sure how often it's worn, as all I see them wear a home is the red alt.

edgargarcia.jpg

Click for red jersey, large pic

- The Lakeland Flying Tigers (Detroit affiliate) have nixed their sand-colored road unis (think Padres roads) that have been around for a good 5 years since the Flying Tigers rebrand came about, and have gone to the typical gray roadies.

- Finally got a look at the new Bradenton Marauders (Pittsburgh affiliate). The team has chose to wear their alt yellow cap with their usual gray roadies on their current road trip. It's a bit of an unconventional look, but it's not bad. Sorry no pics.

No! :(

That was an awesome look. Really digging that Threshers home as well.

6fQjS3M.png

Another update from the FSL. The St. Lucie Mets have revamped their roadies to match the script on the current NY Mets roadies. Prior to this change is was the standard Mets script from the home jersey.

4649024588_ac0ec7f094.jpg

My team plays the Jupiter Hammerheads, Fort Myers Miracle, and Palm Beach Cardinals in the 2nd half, so I'll report if there are any changes to the roadies once the stop by.

Archived