MiLB 2010 Changes

Blackjack76

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R-Phils to add three new hats and one new uniform to on field clothing lineup

The Reading Phillies will introduce four new items to the player?s uniform collection on November 4. These items, which will be worn on field in 2010, are also sure to be a home run among fans who want to show their passion for the team and ballpark.

?The popular base identity the team has been wearing on the field since 2008 will remain unchanged,? said R-Phils General Manager Scott Hunsicker. ?However, the new additions will celebrate America's Classic Ballpark while raising the level of excitement and pride.?

The unveiling will occur on Wednesday, November 4 at rphils.com.

This story was posted on October 15, 2009

http://www.readingphillies.com/news_10_14_09_unveil.htm

On www.bradenton.com there is an unofficial poll as to what people think the new team name should be. Obviously, with the sale of the team not even official right now, this poll is just for fun, but here are the options:

- Bradenton Pirates (parent affiliate)

- Bradenton Breeze (clever alliteration)

- Bradenton Explorers (historical background of Florida)

- Bradenton Juice (Tropicana has a plant/offices in Bradenton)

- Bradenton Sailors (same as Explorers)

R-Phils to add three new hats and one new uniform to on field clothing lineup

The Reading Phillies will introduce four new items to the player?s uniform collection on November 4. These items, which will be worn on field in 2010, are also sure to be a home run among fans who want to show their passion for the team and ballpark.

?The popular base identity the team has been wearing on the field since 2008 will remain unchanged,? said R-Phils General Manager Scott Hunsicker. ?However, the new additions will celebrate America's Classic Ballpark while raising the level of excitement and pride.?

The unveiling will occur on Wednesday, November 4 at rphils.com.

This story was posted on October 15, 2009

http://www.readingphillies.com/news_10_14_09_unveil.htm

The new caps are on the R-Phils' website now. Nothing spectacular.

Cards.png

Game Cap

ACBP_game_cap.jpg

Road Cap

RoadGameCap.jpg

BP Cap

ACBP_BP_cap.jpg

The stars and stripes motif isn't much more than the patriotic alternates that have been worn the past two seasons in the big leagues. This is to signify Reading's First Energy Stadium as "America's Classic Ballpark". Say what you will about this self-proclaimed distinction, I always have a good time at this old ballpark.

Nothing is 100% definite, but I came across this blog the seems to claim that the new FSL Bradenton franchise will be known as the Blackbeards. There are no other stories on the wire outside of this blog, but every rumbling I have heard of points in this direction.

Bring on the Bradenton Blackbeards!

i hope so.. it would be nice nickname a nod to the parent team while still having your own identity, just like the the tigers and lakeland team.

Nothing is 100% definite, but I came across this blog the seems to claim that the new FSL Bradenton franchise will be known as the Blackbeards. There are no other stories on the wire outside of this blog, but every rumbling I have heard of points in this direction.

i hope so.. it would be nice nickname a nod to the parent team while still having your own identity, just like the the tigers and lakeland team.

As would I. I wish more teams, mainly in this league, would consider this option.

As would I. I wish more teams, mainly in this league, would consider this option.

Not sure if this was covered, but in order for the move to take place, the Pirates and the Reds swapped franchise locations, therefore the Reds will have a team in Lynchburg in 2010, though not named the Hillcats.

My link

Game Cap

ACBP_game_cap.jpg

Road Cap

RoadGameCap.jpg

BP Cap

ACBP_BP_cap.jpg

The stars and stripes motif isn't much more than the patriotic alternates that have been worn the past two seasons in the big leagues. This is to signify Reading's First Energy Stadium as "America's Classic Ballpark". Say what you will about this self-proclaimed distinction, I always have a good time at this old ballpark.

So does that do away with their previous caps from last year, or will they still use them on a limited basis?

I spent some time in Walla Walla Washington many years ago, it's beautiful country from what I hear.

http://wallawallasweets.com/

If someone asked me to create a sports logo based on an onion, I'd promptly hit the "pass" button - nice work from Studio Simon.

Outstanding work by Studio Simon! That is a damned fine identity package for a summer collegiate league franchise. Easily the stand-out in that league and, in point of fact, one of the best logos being employed by a summer collegiate squad anywhere in the country.

Archived