MiLB 2010 Changes

Blackjack76

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though the Mobile BayBears will unveil its new look officially today, these logos have been on its Facebook page since November 2nd:

MBayBears_logo.jpg

MBayBears_script.jpg

Not bad; definite improvement over the cartoon-splash fiasco of years' past, even if we have another blue-on-blue team.

Cards.png

Blogged by Casey today at The Clink Room:

"Oh yeah, and we will be making some uni updates to the Threshers for 2010. We should post those Jay."

Expect some Clearwater beauties from the guys at Plan B. sometime soon.

Interesting to hear. I know last season saw a change to the road unis, they went from gray with the Threshers script to gray with the shark logo on the left chest.

homejersey_1521_general.jpg

Oh, man, I love it. I actually dislike in theory almost everything the Bay Bears are doing here, but the execution is so good that it becomes transcendent. I mean, just look at the placket piping: The doubled piping around the neck is a classic baseball uniform element that has hardly been used in the last 50 years. A great touch. And while the scripts do all the stuff that usually make me want to cry, it's done with just the right balance of subtlety and whimsy. A masterpiece; the best new uniforms I can recall since the new Portland Beavers set.

This is an absolute A-plus uniform redesign.

20082614447.png

Where the idea for the look came.

The old Mobile Bears.

Which points to the one problem with the new Bay Bears unis: They're still the Bay Bears. Drop the "Bay" -- or stick the "Bay" on the end of Mobile instead of at the start of Bears -- and you'd have one of the most marketable MiLB identities for the youth-sports market. That cap logo and that Bears script, along with the colors, may be the most attractive identity in all of MiLB for youth sports. But something approaching zero league decisionmakers, coaches, and children will be interested in a "Bay Bears" identity.

20082614447.png

Where the idea for the look came.

The old Mobile Bears.

Which points to the one problem with the new Bay Bears unis: They're still the Bay Bears. Drop the "Bay" -- or stick the "Bay" on the end of Mobile instead of at the start of Bears -- and you'd have one of the most marketable MiLB identities for the youth-sports market. That cap logo and that Bears script, along with the colors, may be the most attractive identity in all of MiLB for youth sports. But something approaching zero league decisionmakers, coaches, and children will be interested in a "Bay Bears" identity.

Exactly.

If they call themselves the Mobile Bay Bears (locale name "Mobile Bay" team name "Bears"), that would be PERFECT! Put "Bay" in the underscore of the "Mobile" script, and we have a winner!

bYhYmxh.png

I like the "R" in front of the acorn, from what can be seen. Is it the same designer who created the new Mobile set?

Yes it is. Plan B Branding saves the day once again!

The logo looks more of a rat glyding through air than a flying squirrel.

Archived