Yellow Jacket Logo

chickenfish13

I would reconsider your choice to put the shadows on the upper left part of your shapes. That shows your light source is coming from the bottom-right, and that's not typically the way its done. Folks more classicly trained than I could comment better, but I believe the light source is usually depicted as coming from the upper left, which means your shadows would be on the bottom right.

LT

Chickenfish,

Do you know how jealous I am of you? To be your age and have access to the software that is around now a days...how lucky you are. I love your determination and patients, not to mention your talent. I can't image the kind of things I could have created when I was your age, if today's technology had existed then. Keep it up and you will go far.

The logo is looking better. You're getting a lot of valuable feedback from the pros on this site. Use there help and I'm sure it will turn out quite nice. Good luck to you!

-SB

ilightwhite.jpg

C-Fish, that last logo you have there is perfect. Work off of that one and you have a winner, also maybe try changing the eye up a little bit, right now it looks just a little too bubbly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys. I'm waiting for c and c in my CHL redesign, but I have been working on this for a couple weeks now, and wanted some feedback. It is for a yellow jacket, and a baseball team, but it has no name right now. It's an update to a logo I did a looooong time ago, and I'd like to know what I can do to make it better. Thanks for the help, and c and c as always.

I feel the shadowing and highlights is definitely off, so that would be a focus point. Thanks.

yellowjacket.png

Hey chickenfish - you wouldnt happen to live in a certain large city in the heart of the Canadian prairies would you? Ive done some work with the Saskatoon Yellowjackets that has been published the last 2 yrs. Unfortunately I can't see your samples so I dont know if this is the team youre trying to do.

Archived