Colorado Rockies rebrand

chestnutz

1. The wordmarks are really good, that's a nice font to use - westerny, without the cliche western "spikes"

2. I don't like how the wordmark on the home jersey has a white and then a silver outline, but the numbers don't have any outline, and the NOB has a white outline. Either give everything the same outlines (well maybe not the NOB, but def. the numbers), OR...

3. I think the numbers on the home look nice with no outline, so maybe you could strip all of the outlines from the wordmark, and put it over top of silver pinstripes, so the purple would really jump out despite no extra trim. I think it'd be a nice traditional look.

4. The purple on the road appears to be much lighter than on the home. They should be standardized. If the lighter is chosen, then def need white outlines. If the darker is chosen, then suggestion #3 holds for the roads too (sans pinstripes, of course.)

5. I really think that "logo" caps are a bad idea, and especially with this uniform. Monogram would be the way to go. The secondary and "cap" logos aren't very strong IMO, but I don't have too many good suggestions for you on these, so I'm not going to harp on it.

6. Arch the NOBs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Funny, I've thought the same thing about the Reds' font being better suited to the Rockies and letting the Reds just use plain old sports numbers like the plain old sports team they are.

Love the wordmarks, but you could use some outlines on the numbers and NOBs so they stand out enough. If you're outlining the wordmarks on the front, don't forget the back. The primary can be a big upgrade from what they have now, which looks dated and tired, but I hate that I read it as "Rockies Colorado," which compromises the allusion to the section of the mountain range referred to as "the Colorado Rockies." Aw hell, they ought to be the Denver Rockies anyway. But yeah, I really like what you did here. They really should play up the purple, since they have it all to themselves.

These defiantly have potential...Great Job!

They won't take no for an answer!

EDIT: oh and I agree with everything BBTV said above.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Settle down everybody. I honestly meeant that I like his logo. I linked my original one to show that it is a good idea, as it has been done before. I'm sure I wasn't the first to do it. I apoligize if it came off as if he copied it or anything.

Bull. If that's what you meant, you would've said it. Instead, you were bitchy and curt about it. Don't try to say you weren't.

He does it on every thread where someone has a similar idea as he did. And nothing against you bmac, but it comes off in a pissy way.

6fQjS3M.png

I like what you are trying to do and I think the Primary and the secondary are upgrades. I don't like the ball and the peaked C logos. The Ball looks "sad" perhaps shift the stitching pattern. The peak on the C looks tacked on. The stroke on the home sets is way to heavy, if you have gone that far you should make a chest bar like the mid 80's White Sox. I also think the numbers need an outline. But hey you have done a good job and the Rockies have one of the worst sets in baseball. Very boring very uninspired. They look like sales men samples from a catalog only with out saying "Team" and "Location".

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I like what you are trying to do and I think the Primary and the secondary are upgrades. I don't like the ball and the peaked C logos. The Ball looks "sad" perhaps shift the stitching pattern. The peak on the C looks tacked on. The stroke on the home sets is way to heavy, if you have gone that far you should make a chest bar like the mid 80's White Sox. I also think the numbers need an outline. But hey you have done a good job and the Rockies have one of the worst sets in baseball. Very boring very uninspired. They look like sales men samples from a catalog only with out saying "Team" and "Location".

I disagree... They look classy and elegant.

Haha, wow CreamSoda still acting like a bitch towards me after a tiff that happened months ago...

Thank you all for the C&C, I'll try and get an update done soon (very busy though).

Nah man...

Just didn't like this concept. I really like the current set for the Rockies and I would need to be blown by anything new.

I said it looks like a minor league team because they tend to have more cartoony fonts and logos, like your concept does.

MLB teams have more simple, classic looking identities.

Haha, wow CreamSoda still acting like a bitch towards me after a tiff that happened months ago...

Thank you all for the C&C, I'll try and get an update done soon (very busy though).

Nah man...

Just didn't like this concept. I really like the current set for the Rockies and I would need to be blown by anything new.

I said it looks like a minor league team because they tend to have more cartoony fonts and logos, like your concept does.

MLB teams have more simple, classic looking identities.

Wow. So you're the guy who decides what new logo gets used, huh?

I really like the current set for the Rockies and I would need to be blown by anything new.

You know, there's asking a lot of a concept, and then there's asking a lot of a concept.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

UPDATE TIME

What I changed:

-New cap logo, got rid of the peak and just have a plain C now.

-Took bohob's advice and focused on the dark purple more for the uniforms.

-Got rid of Colorado flag on home uniform, now uses secondary logo.

-HOME: Dark purple with light purple brim cap and now use just C logo, silver pinstripes now (makes purple pop), outlined the numbers and name with silver, got rid of the outermost outline on the wordmark.

-Made all NOBs vertically arched.

-AWAY: Dark purple numbers and names now, and white outline, all-dark cap

-HOME ALT: same number and name treatment as home, used the away all-dark cap as well, and dark purple shirt underneath instead of light.

-AWAY ALT: used the original home cap, with the secondary ball/mountain logo on the cap instead of the C, got rid of outermost outline on wordmark, and made light purple outlines on name and number

Hopefully it's much better now!

logos2.png

rockies-unis2.png

rockies-alt-unis2.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• 1 year later...

Archived