World Cup Challenge

theflakeband

World Cup Challenge, I'm going to do all the teams that qualified and the teams that still have a chance of qualifying.

USA

Mexico

Honduras

Denmark

Switzerland

Slovakia

Germany

Spain

England

Serbia

Italy

Netherlands

Brazil

Paraguay

Chile

Argentina

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Australia

Japan

South Korea

North Korea

South Africa

and the teams still alive

Portugal

France

Bosnia

Uruguay

Cameroon

Gabon

Tunisia

Nigeria

Algeria

Egypt

Ukraine

Bahrain

Greece

Slovenia

Russia

Ireland

New Zealand

Costa Rica

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is a small point, but the patch you have for World Champions is based on the current FIFA world cup trophy. xin_280303142035921226777.jpg

But Uruguay have never won that trophy, and Italy have only won it twice. The original world cup trophy, the Jules Rimet Trophy, is very different

football_fifa_world_cup_trophy_1962_chile_poster.jpg

My bigger problem with this series, and to be fair 95% of the Soccer concepts posted on the boards, are that they are all simply recolorings of existing templates. They never come off as terribly original or thoughtful.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My bigger problem with this series, and to be fair 95% of the Soccer concepts posted on the boards, are that they are all simply recolorings of existing templates. They never come off as terribly original or thoughtful.

Then lets see what you can do. They are existing template but you can do so much with them. I would like to see a series of world cup designs by you.

What could you possible want from it. Its a soccer jersey.

Then lets see what you can do. They are existing template but you can do so much with them. I would like to see a series of world cup designs by you.

That attitude is going to make you a great designer <_<

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

OK, my criticism was a general criticism of soccer uniform design on the boards. There is a huge amount of imagination on the boards when it comes to Hockey or gridiron or basketball. But virtually every soccer design thread just becomes a 'lets recolor soccer templates' threat. I am not much of a designer, but I know that is not designing, any more than painting from a paint by numbers set is not the same as painting your own picture.

If you are just going to recolor existing templates, what kind of comments do you expect? 'Yep you got the colors right there'?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

OK, my criticism was a general criticism of soccer uniform design on the boards. There is a huge amount of imagination on the boards when it comes to Hockey or gridiron or basketball. But virtually every soccer design thread just becomes a 'lets recolor soccer templates' threat. I am not much of a designer, but I know that is not designing, any more than painting from a paint by numbers set is not the same as painting your own picture.

If you are just going to recolor existing templates, what kind of comments do you expect? 'Yep you got the colors right there'?

Can you tell me the difference in the two jersey's

Toronto FC

AC Milan

Toronto FC

AC Milan

Well the neckline is different, one is black and red stripes, the other is red etc. etc.

But my point is I'd like to see people designing soccer uniforms using a bit more imagination. Why always use existing templates? Why not go wild and come up with your own neck line or use of stripings? You've got 3 puma designs on the 'v' around the neck template there, and it just comes across as unoriginal.

The world cup winners patch to replace the traditional stars is a nice idea, as I pointed out I have a semantic problem with them, but thats a start at some originality. But that seems to me to be where the originality stops. I just think there is a more original way to do a soccer concept, and 40 of these recolorings doesn't get me excited to be honest.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Toronto FC

AC Milan

Well the neckline is different, one is black and red stripes, the other is red etc. etc.

But my point is I'd like to see people designing soccer uniforms using a bit more imagination. Why always use existing templates? Why not go wild and come up with your own neck line or use of stripings? You've got 3 puma designs on the 'v' around the neck template there, and it just comes across as unoriginal.

The world cup winners patch to replace the traditional stars is a nice idea, as I pointed out I have a semantic problem with them, but thats a start at some originality. But that seems to me to be where the originality stops. I just think there is a more original way to do a soccer concept, and 40 of these recolorings doesn't get me excited to be honest.

besides the color and neckline the jersey's are exactly the same template. I understand what you're looking for.

Next up germany

Just to give you some idea of what I mean, here is a very very quickly done concept for a Hungary home kit. I do agree that the problem with Soccer kits is that they tend to be freer of stripes and the like, and so that makes it a bit harder to be imaginative.

hungary.png

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived