What if the Buccaneers chose one of these...........

TornadoGTS

Am I the only one who wishes the NFL would let their teams don "alternate" helmets?

Wouldn't a black or even a white helmet with one of these alt logos look badass on their current uniform set? Same idea with the Seahawks who I've been told wanted to use two helmets throughout the year: one silver and one metallic blue.

Just a missed opportunity there IMO.

Like the concept but keep the Pewter helmet, kind of partial to it... The jersey an pants are cool an would like solid socks in my opinion... Wish they would REALLY add the Black jersey for a alternate for away or indoor games... :shocked:

I predict that we'll see a Pewter jersey to go with the helmet and pants for an all out Pewter Party. I for one would love it. I believe that there were rumors that they were thinking about doing this and may have had a prototype floating around, but it could have just been a nastly little rumor to get people like me all excited for no reason. :(

I like what the Bucs have now. It's unique. If they were to change today, I could see the black helmet with gray mask. Because black is "bad" and you need the gray mask because retro is so "in" today. I wouldn't want it. The white was too close to the old identity and they were steering away from it. I wouldn't mind the black alt jersey you see in fashion and Madden form, but they wear white for about 13 games, so what's the point? I've heard the pewter was "too neutral" of a color, but the Saints had gold and the Pats had silver. I also thought the green Seahawk was just for fashion too and we seen them live. With the throwbacks for at least 3 years (which they deserve to wear by the way they play), I doubt there is another alt available.

All in all, I think they have the best combo in the NFL when it's Pewter/Red/Pewter/Black and the only tweaks I'd make would be to outline the nameplates on both jerseys with all the colors and the wordmark/ships on the white jersey in red...maybe even go with red socks when they wear white/white.

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't mind if the Buccos never go back to orange (as their main color), but I think that their uniforms would look better--and more unique--if they simply had more orange in their look. They should embrace the red-orange identity.

That white helmet with the flag is one of the best looking helmet logos that reflects its team's history (albeit a mostly bad one, up to that point) while updating the look. I'd prefer that the helmet stripe not taper, and use the current flag logo in there, too. I also like the updated Bucco Bruce logo (seen just above), as well, with a few tweaks, or even the skull and swords alone, as long as it contrasts with a white helmet. Also use traditional numbering (not necessarily block), just something with staying power (not unlike the Bears' number font, or something to that effect).

I also wouldn't mind a gun-metal gray (metallic dark gray) in place of the pewter; just keep red and orange as the main colors with some dark gray trim on the uniforms. I really like dark gray and think it's underused in pro sports (even the Blue Jays dumped it, citing bad luck or something to that effect).

I also believe that, per Wikipedia (I know, I know), that their colors were originally supposed to be red, orange, and green, but they dropped the green because it looked too much like the Dolphins' "green." I wonder how they'd look with some green trim in there, preferably forest green. If pulled off just right, that could look good, as well.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Am I the only one who wishes the NFL would let their teams don "alternate" helmets?

Wouldn't a black or even a white helmet with one of these alt logos look badass on their current uniform set? Same idea with the Seahawks who I've been told wanted to use two helmets throughout the year: one silver and one metallic blue.

I don't know why the NFL doesn't allow alternate helmets, either. It would look great for teams like the Seahawks, and other teams like the Bucs could use a white or black helmet with an alternate (maybe orange?).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I don't know why the NFL doesn't allow alternate helmets, either. It would look great for teams like the Seahawks, and other teams like the Bucs could use a white or black helmet with an alternate (maybe orange?).

It's been covered numerous times.

Helmets in football serve as primary-identifying marks for teams in many cases - marketing and promotional materials, merchandising, etc. Helmets are used as de facto primary logos more in football than caps are in baseball, and more than any other uniform element in any other sport. It's important to be able to only have one "primary" logo / universally-identifying mark. It strengthens the brand.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The NFL allows alternate helmets, but they can only be worn with the alternate jerseys. Same reasoning as with the throwbacks (because they pretty much all have different helmets). The Seahawks could use the silver helmet, but it would have to be with the greens. The Bucs could use one of those helmets if they ever got a current alt. However, stories said the NFL is locking teams in to any new alternates for at least five years (aside from the special occasion AFL throwbacks). The Bucs already confirmed they will be wearing the creamsicle unis for the next five years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The NFL allows alternate helmets, but they can only be worn with the alternate jerseys.

I simply do not believe that this is true. There are no examples of a team actually using an alt helmet with an alt jersey, even in cases where it would have made sense (Eagles midnight green helmet looks like crap with their black jerseys, but an alt black helmet would work really well.) Teams would never pass on the opportunity to market something else (go for the immediate buck, without worrying about possible future impact), and an alt helmet would give them that chance, so I think that if they were allowed to do so, you'd be seeing at least a few of these things out there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There are no examples of a team actually using an alt helmet with an alt jersey

Maybe I misunderstand, but in recent memory all these teams have used alt helmets/jerseys:

Atlanta

Buffalo

Dallas

Denver

Detroit

Kansas City

Minnesota

New England

NY (Titans)

Oakland

Philly

Pittsburgh

San Diego

St. Louis

Tampa Bay

Tennessee

Washington

Good point that no one uses alt helmets and normal jerseys, never thought of that before.

Alt != throwback.

There have not been any alt helmets worn with alt jerseys. Throwback helmets with throwback unis - yes, but no alts. No team has more than one "current" helmet.

Archived