NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

Dodger

Happy Friday!

There's two AFL throwback games this week, the Houston Oilers will face the Boston Patriots on Sunday. And MNF gives us the Broncos vs. the Chargers.

I'm assuming the Titans (Oilers) will wear white, the Patriots will wear red, the Broncos will wear white, and the Chargers will wear the beautiful powder blues(!)

I think the breast cancer awareness is running all month so we'll still see players running around in pink, which I don't mind. Good cause.

Anything else?

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got field level seats to the Pats game this weekend. I'll try to post some pics next week. I hope they wear the red jerseys rather than giving the home fans one and one in the throwbacks. I love the red ones.

The Bills-Jets are a potential AFL Legacy Game, but I've heard nothing about throwbacks. Anyone know what's up here?

I hadn't noticed that the Saints have been wearing white all of the time. Its a shame that they shelved the black jerseys because I find them to be one of the best in the league.

Hopefully they'll come to their senses sometime soon. Maybe a Gigantic defeat from the Gints will do it.

I hadn't noticed that the Saints have been wearing white all of the time. Its a shame that they shelved the black jerseys because I find them to be one of the best in the league.

Hopefully they'll come to their senses sometime soon. Maybe a Gigantic defeat from the Gints will do it.

Agree that the black jersey is among the best; sadly, the uniforms with the black jersey are not because 1) the all-black unitard looks awful and 2) the gold pants color is so far off from the jersey numbers. The numbers look like the original 'old gold' while the pants are the lighter vegas gold. Throw in the helmets and it's a gross mismash that just doesn't look right.

Deuce-McAllister-Photograph-C12348969.jpeg

And thanks for the chance to say one more time that this is the shade of gold they should go back to:

0814_large.jpg

Go ahead Bucco... :D

I don't like seeing them in white at home though. As dumb as this may sound, having your opponent play in their road set is a part, however small, of home-field advantage. Teams shouldn't let the opponent have any of the 'comforts' of home, including wearing their home unis. IMHO of course. B)

I'd be interested whether anyone else thinks that matters. Agree or disagree?

Also, we'll likely see them in white at home the rest of the year since teams have to declare what they'll wear at home before the season. If they change their mind, the opponent must agree to a switch.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I've got field level seats to the Pats game this weekend. I'll try to post some pics next week. I hope they wear the red jerseys rather than giving the home fans one and one in the throwbacks. I love the red ones.

The Bills-Jets are a potential AFL Legacy Game, but I've heard nothing about throwbacks. Anyone know what's up here?

No throwbacks, but because this is the only SCHEDULED 4 PM home game for the Jets this year you may see the green-on-green from the Jets which has seemed to be their M.O. the past few years so long as it hasn't been their home opener...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Agree that the black jersey is among the best; sadly, the uniforms with the black jersey are not because 1) the all-black unitard looks awful and 2) the gold pants color is so far off from the jersey numbers. The numbers look like the original 'old gold' while the pants are the lighter vegas gold. Throw in the helmets and it's a gross mismash that just doesn't look right.

Deuce-McAllister-Photograph-C12348969.jpeg

And thanks for the chance to say one more time that this is the shade of gold they should go back to:

0814_large.jpg

Go ahead Bucco... :D

I don't like seeing them in white at home though. As dumb as this may sound, having your opponent play in their road set is a part, however small, of home-field advantage. Teams shouldn't let the opponent have any of the 'comforts' of home, including wearing their home unis. IMHO of course. B)

I'd be interested whether anyone else thinks that matters. Agree or disagree?

Also, we'll likely see them in white at home the rest of the year since teams have to declare what they'll wear at home before the season. If they change their mind, the opponent must agree to a switch.

The Redskins and Eagles agree with you. Dallas always has to wear their "cursed" blue uniforms when they play those two teams on the road.

No throwbacks, but because this is the only SCHEDULED 4 PM home game for the Jets this year you may see the green-on-green from the Jets which has seemed to be their M.O. the past few years so long as it hasn't been their home opener...

Sweet! I like the pickle look. Green is my favorite color and is sadly underused in sports.

The Bengals will be in their alt orange jersey's today against Houston.

And I would guess that the Panthers will be in their blue jerseys (which should be worn with the white pants, but that is another topic) today versus Tampa.

both look good, especially the panthers .

glossysig5.png

Up in Massachusetts, we have another AFL legacy game going on. Patriots in legacy gear and the Titans masquerading as the Oilers.

Which is interesting, because the whole damn field is covered in white snow. The Oile--err, Titans are dressed up in white-on-white. The Pats have white helmets and pants.

This should be good.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Redskins and Eagles agree with you. Dallas always has to wear their "cursed" blue uniforms when they play those two teams on the road.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that the Cowboys wear white in Philadelphia more often then they wear blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Has anyone noticed the Bills red side panel? it now is wider...and juts up to the back area near the shoulder on some of the cuts...a lot like how the white panel does for Cincy

Bills have gone from horrible to a hot mess!!! they have a good modern color scheme, if they just used it correctly... :wacko:

Archived