NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

Dodger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bears NOT in all white on the road in Atlanta. White jerseys, navy pants.....the way it should be

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Looks like the Jags have moved to the newer cut of jersey

40fd937b6519fb03878a29bc78a5e59f-getty-88972010sg006_st_louis_rams.jpg

Looks like they have the same issues with the Reebok logo as the Giants.

NOW can we all agree that this new design is s straight-up fail? Look it...the swooshes up on the jersey had to be altered to accomodate the shrinkwrap tailoring of this jersey...they're not even doing what they were intended to do.

(And no...I don't know what's going on with the Rbk vactor logos, either.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Interesting to note that they had the scoreboard for Boston and Oilers though not the Houston Oilers

Good catch. I suppose to say they're Houston would be lying. Ugh, "Boston Patriots" sounds so much better, though. Why can't they always be that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NOW can we all agree that this new design is s straight-up fail?

No kidding, it doesn't shine nearly as much as they said it would...still looks black to me. And removing all traces of gold from the uniform really makes this set look bland.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Interesting to note that they had the scoreboard for Boston and Oilers though not the Houston Oilers

Good catch. I suppose to say they're Houston would be lying. Ugh, "Boston Patriots" sounds so much better, though. Why can't they always be that.

Cause they actually acknowledge the little semantics such as they don't actually PLAY in Boston-proper *cough*Jets*cough*Giants*cough*. Hey they could always go back to the "Bay State Patriots"

NOW can we all agree that this new design is s straight-up fail?

No kidding, it doesn't shine nearly as much as they said it would...still looks black to me. And removing all traces of gold from the uniform really makes this set look bland.

Seriously. This look is beyond crap.

One of the goofiest things about the new jerseys - which Garrard is clearly wearing, note the 'dot' pattern on front that I noticed for the first time while watching Saints-Giants yesterday - is how the NOB are down right on top of the numbers. Maybe not all the Jags are wearing them, because in the only 2 shots I could find showing NOB, one is goofy and one looks normal:

Normal (Sidebar: Steven Jackson's thinking, "Stop touching me there!" :wacko: )

200910181615585542251-p2-660x660.jpg

Goofy (Jag in background)

200910181358502911754-p2-660x660.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Cause they actually acknowledge the little semantics such as they don't actually PLAY in Boston-proper *cough*Jets*cough*Giants*cough*.

Are you, like, proud of them for this? I don't get it. Are they taking a moral high ground by purporting to represent six entire states instead of a metropolitan area? Of course those teams don't play in Boston and New York, because you can't really find a place to build an NFL stadium (and parking lot) in Boston or New York. Logistically difficult. I'm sure they'd be there if it were possible.

Hey they could always go back to the "Bay State Patriots"

bluh

Should have never changed from being the Boston Patriots and you can make a case for that considering alot of teams have a hard time getting stadiums built in the metro areas but at least they stayed in state. The Jets and Giants are playing in a different state so they should be called the New Jersey Jets and the New Jersey Giants was'nt there anywhere else in New York state that they could have had a stadium built.

I don't know. Maybe. East Rutherford is considered Greater New York, though. What if the city was called New York but the state it's in was called, I don't know, Crumpington. They'd still be the New York Giants, and nobody would care that the stadium wasn't in the state of Crumpington.

Saints in white at home against the Giants, according to Uni Watch.

Assuming that means the Giants will be in the road pants with the blue tops, then.

correct

Have the Giants always worn their road-striped gray pants on the road, even when they are wearing their blue jerseys? I never noticed that before.

Should have never changed from being the Boston Patriots and you can make a case for that considering alot of teams have a hard time getting stadiums built in the metro areas but at least they stayed in state. The Jets and Giants are playing in a different state so they should be called the New Jersey Jets and the New Jersey Giants was'nt there anywhere else in New York state that they could have had a stadium built.

They are the New York metropolitain area team, since North Jersey is in metro NY, and is certainly in the NY sphere of influence.

Just like when the Sixers were actually signed to a deal to play in an arena in Camden NJ - they were going to remain the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Patriots would certainly be within their rights to call themselves the Boston Patriots. I guess they just see more marketing opportunities by claiming the whole NE region.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived