NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

Dodger

Saints in white at home against the Giants, according to Uni Watch.

Assuming that means the Giants will be in the road pants with the blue tops, then.

correct

Have the Giants always worn their road-striped gray pants on the road, even when they are wearing their blue jerseys? I never noticed that before.

They just started this year.

msg-117798227822.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have i mentioned my love of the chargers powder blues .

Thank you Chris Berman for the reminder. I just love Berman's orgasm every time the Chargers wear powder blue. That was cool the first 198 times he did it.

The 2009 powder blue alternates (with modern helmet) is the better look then the 1960's AFL powder blues.

Looks like the Jags have moved to the newer cut of jersey

40fd937b6519fb03878a29bc78a5e59f-getty-88972010sg006_st_louis_rams.jpg

Looks like they have the same issues with the Reebok logo as the Giants.

NOW can we all agree that this new design is s straight-up fail? Look it...the swooshes up on the jersey had to be altered to accomodate the shrinkwrap tailoring of this jersey...they're not even doing what they were intended to do.

(And no...I don't know what's going on with the Rbk vactor logos, either.)

Ha. That's an interesting case: modern striping falling victim to a modern jersey cut.

Interesting to note that they had the scoreboard for Boston and Oilers though not the Houston Oilers

Good catch. I suppose to say they're Houston would be lying. Ugh, "Boston Patriots" sounds so much better, though. Why can't they always be that.

Cause they actually acknowledge the little semantics such as they don't actually PLAY in Boston-proper *cough*Jets*cough*Giants*cough*. Hey they could always go back to the "Bay State Patriots"

Arlington Cowboys. Landover Redskins. Orchard Park Bills. Miami Gardens Dolphins. Los Angeles Angels. Auburn Hills Pistons. The Giants and Jets aren't the only ones.

Changing to the New Jersey Giants or New Jersey Jets would probably offend more of each teams' fanbase than remaining the New York Giants and Jets and playing in New Jersey.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Josh Cribbs appeared to be wearing cutoff socks on his arms on Sunday. I haven't had time to look for a pic, but he was wearing "sleeves" from just above his elbows to his wrists that had stripes matching the Browns' white socks. My only guess is that he cut the feet off of a pair of socks and wore them on his arms.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Interesting to note that they had the scoreboard for Boston and Oilers though not the Houston Oilers

Good catch. I suppose to say they're Houston would be lying. Ugh, "Boston Patriots" sounds so much better, though. Why can't they always be that.

Cause they actually acknowledge the little semantics such as they don't actually PLAY in Boston-proper *cough*Jets*cough*Giants*cough*. Hey they could always go back to the "Bay State Patriots"

Arlington Cowboys. Landover Redskins. Orchard Park Bills. Miami Gardens Dolphins. Los Angeles Angels. Auburn Hills Pistons. The Giants and Jets aren't the only ones.

Changing to the New Jersey Giants or New Jersey Jets would probably offend more of each teams' fanbase than remaining the New York Giants and Jets and playing in New Jersey.

Right. They are named after the city they represent, not the state. Suburbs usually count as part of the city. We don't call them the Missouri Chiefs.

Right. They are named after the city they represent, not the state. Suburbs usually count as part of the city. We don't call them the Missouri Chiefs.

But The Vikings, Cardinals and Titans are named after states.

Personally I think the sound of the New England Patriots probably works better now than the Boston Patriots.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What do you mean "the sound works better now"? Was "New England" pronounced a different way in the 1960s or something? Maybe you're just used to it. It's really not a very good name. New Englanders root for Boston's teams anyway; to claim six states at once is rather silly. They're Boston's NFL team. Call 'em what they are. There's no "Pacific Northwest Seahawks" or "Former Confederacy Braves" or "Anywhere There's a Douchebag Cubs," because that would sound stupid like "New England Patriots" sounds stupid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What do you mean "the sound works better now"? Was "New England" pronounced a different way in the 1960s or something? Maybe you're just used to it. It's really not a very good name. New Englanders root for Boston's teams anyway; to claim six states at once is rather silly. They're Boston's NFL team. Call 'em what they are. There's no "Pacific Northwest Seahawks" or "Former Confederacy Braves" or "Anywhere There's a Douchebag Cubs," because that would sound stupid like "New England Patriots" sounds stupid.

:lol: Beautiful rant.

msg-117798227822.jpg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Josh Cribbs appeared to be wearing cutoff socks on his arms on Sunday. I haven't had time to look for a pic, but he was wearing "sleeves" from just above his elbows to his wrists that had stripes matching the Browns' white socks. My only guess is that he cut the feet off of a pair of socks and wore them on his arms.

21017.a.jpg

21017.a.jpg

Thank you.

The picture is interesting. The sleeves appear to have some sort of cuff like the sleeves on a long sleeve shirt.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

21017.a.jpg

Thank you.

The picture is interesting. The sleeves appear to have some sort of cuff like the sleeves on a long sleeve shirt.

Aren't those called "forearm shivers" or something like that?

Didn't anyone in the 1960s notice how out of place the yellow pant stripe looks in the otherwise brown-and-white Denver road look?

The home (yellow jerseys and yellow in the socks) looks much better.

And I just go by the visual 'sniff test' -- how it looks at first glance. Details just get in the way.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Oh...but we can have the Golden State Warriors??? :D

(Or the trio of Tampa Bay teams...one of which plays in St. Petersburg???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

But The Vikings, Cardinals and Titans are named after states.

Personally I think the sound of the New England Patriots probably works better now than the Boston Patriots.

I always thought that the Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees, Rangers, and Knicks were named for New York City and not New York State.

I don't know. Maybe. East Rutherford is considered Greater New York, though. What if the city was called New York but the state it's in was called, I don't know, Crumpington. They'd still be the New York Giants, and nobody would care that the stadium wasn't in the state of Crumpington.

Technically speaking New York State should just be called New Yorkshire, and New York City would just be New York. Oh well.

Apparently Chad Ochocinco got fined for having a black chinstrap last weekend. This via his Twitter feed.

Yall won't believe I got fined 10 grand for my black chinstrap, I'm colorblind doesn't that count for something!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived