Fox Sports: best and worst of the NFL throwbacks

santoleri3

I still think the Patriots should wear red full time. I know I know, I am in a minority on the boards, but there we go.

or at least get a red alternate

Nope full time red jerseys for me. I know it won't happen, especially after all the failure in the red and success in the blue, but for me the red is a far better jersey than either of the blues they have had, and lets face it the AFC in particular has plenty of blue teams, but the Chiefs is its only red team.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Speaking of throwbacks, ran across a nice gallery on the Falcons' website. Most of the shots are in b/w but there are some fine color ones too. Check out the '66 cheerleading squad. They're near the end, right before the recent pics of John 'biker shorts' Abraham, Matty Ice, and the Burner in their throwback unis. Suffice it to say they didn't look like this back then:

atlanta-cheerleaders.jpg

Falcons Throwback Gallery

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Okay, about the Steelers jerseys...and maybe I'm the only one who's noticed this. The "brown jersey" thing isn't entirely off-base...I've noticed that in certain outdoor conditions, the Steelers' black jerseys do have a veryslight brownish-looking twinge to them.

Not that that vindicates the writer of that list (I haven't opened that link so I don't know what else was written)...just thought I'd play Devil's advocate and throw that out there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

nah raysox, you aint the only one. though mainly, I hate the helmet (or rather, the hardons surrounding the helmet) moreso than the rest of that uniform...in any event, I don't see why that set's so beloved, aside from representing their AFL days.

Personally, I love the Jets Titans throwback. I asked Santa for a Sanchez throwback for Christmas...

I love the color combo. However, the numbers need a white outline or something because they're unreadable, especially when wet/sweaty.

Also, the Jets just shouldn't be wearing them. Nice color for another team. If you wanted to do it for ONLY this season, OK, I can buy that argument, but to keep them around is poor...

I think the color combo is great too, but you're right. The navy set needs an outline around gold numbers or needs to go white numbers with a gold outline.

I was down with the Titans throwbacks for a while (and actually think the white set will look amazing against Oakland next week) but I'm over it now. I'd love to see a JETS throwback. Mostly because I despise the shade of green the Jets have morphed to since the Namath era look came back in 1998. I'd love a throwback with the Jets logo in my sig on the helmet, or an alternate with that fuzes the old Jets helmet with the Sacks Exchange style jersey.

sig2024.png

Archived