Baseball Player Template

JayJaxon

This is a brand-spanking new baseball player template I have been working on for a few days. My goal is to have everything customizable from the tips of his spikes to the button on the top of his cap. I do plan to put a face on him, so don't worry. What I need is some help with the wrinkles in the jersey and pants as well as the shadowing. I also need someone to add stitches to the baseball for me. Other than that, C+C would be great, and as soon as I can get that stuff done, I will be releasing it for everyone to use! This is done in Photoshop CS4, so it's a layered PSD file. Hope you like it. Now let's hear those comments!

Player_Template.png

If you think you can help, just send me a message.

JJ your stuff is always totally amazing. Been following your work here and at Deviant Art. Working on this for a few days? Hell, that would put me back a few months. Think it looks almost complete now other then what you pointed out yourself. The shadowing in the wrinkles...... is it possible to feather them some making them fade into the jersey? Does that make sense? How are you going to handle pinstripping?

I have no skills at your level or I would offer my assistance, but I will abuse this when you release it.

Thanks nbryant. The pinstripes are going to be very tricky, but I won't quit til I get them right. Not to mention there are two different types of pinstripes to deal with. But when I nail down the first one, the second one should be better. It has been nearly a week since I started, but I am like a different person when I start on these things. The only other thing I have done since starting is watch the playoffs. haha. But I will try that feathering you told me about to see if that helps. Thanks again!

I did a quick Braves mock-up with the new template. I still can't get the baseball stitching correct. it's harder than it seems. I would love to get a little more feedback. I will now start working on the pinstripes.

Bravos-1.png

The first thing I noticed, was that the shadow on the stirrups are a soft drop shadow whereas everything else on the template is a hard light. You need to change the soft drop shadow to a hard shadow to make it work or it's going to constantly draw people's eyes towards that as it's out of place. Other than that, it's top-notch.

I can easily make it where the face can be taken off if the user decides to do so. I kinda like the face so when I use it, I'll have it there. I just need to make it look better I think.

UPDATE: I am working on pinstripes right now. That and the ball stitching is really all that is left.

Keep working on the face, otherwise to me it will always look incomplete. I promise you that if you leave the face off, you will hate yourself for that in the future and eventually have to put the face on, so you might as well work on it now. Shadows and highlights to the eyes will help it a lot.

• 1 month later...

Here is The Template for your use. It does not have pinstripes. I'm sorry I was not able to put them on. But perhaps one of you will be able to do it. Any improvements you guys make, I would love to see them and maybe we can make this thing a lot better with the help of everyone that downloads it.

Just a note, it's in a rar file so you will need to download winRAR to open it. After you unpack the PSD file, you should be good to go.

Archived