New College Basketball Uni's 2009-2010

redlegs420

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate how there is no tradition whatsover in college basketball uniforms

North Carolina, UCLA, and Duke (black creeping into the standard sets notwithstanding) beg to differ.

I'd throw Indiana into that group.

St. John's went back to traditional

I wouldn't throw St John in there personally because they didn't have a consistent look after they dropped Redmen as their nickname. The city shorts from Apex took all the old school credit away from them. The logo they use now is better but will it go five years?

well for some schools, constant change is tradition.

every year that rick pitino has been here, the uniform has changed every year, some elements smaller than others, but the uniforms have not been the same year after year.

Pitino did the same thing at Kentucky; they changed just about every season and sometimes within the same season (1995/96 - changed to the "denim blue" uniforms for Converse mid-season).

However, the Cards did use the same template Pitino's first 3 seasons - I think season 1 had the large Old English "L" that the NCAA outlawed (they outlawed having a larger letter than the others), so season 2 had the "Louisville" in all the same font, then season 3 put the Cardinal Bird head logo on the back of the shorts.

After that they've been 100% different each year - and typically they don't have an adidas template that is available to any other team.

every year that rick pitino has been here, the uniform has changed every year, some elements smaller than others, but the uniforms have not been the same year after year.

Pitino did the same thing at Kentucky; they changed just about every season and sometimes within the same season (1995/96 - changed to the "denim blue" uniforms for Converse mid-season).

However, the Cards did use the same template Pitino's first 3 seasons - I think season 1 had the large Old English "L" that the NCAA outlawed (they outlawed having a larger letter than the others), so season 2 had the "Louisville" in all the same font, then season 3 put the Cardinal Bird head logo on the back of the shorts.

After that they've been 100% different each year - and typically they don't have an adidas template that is available to any other team.

If that is the case, how is Maryland allowed to get away with their MarylanD on their jerseys?

If that is the case, how is Maryland allowed to get away with their MarylanD on their jerseys?

NCAA Rule 3, Section 5, Article 7

No more than two identifying names or abbreviations of the names

may be placed on either, or on both, the front and back of the game jersey and

shall be placed such that the number(s) is clearly visible. The name(s) and/or

abbreviation(s):

(subset B) Shall be placed vertically and/or horizontally. When placed horizontally,

the lettering may be arched, but the first and last letters shall be in the

same horizontal plane;

Sorry is the smileys are still seen

WSU has switched to Nike, and considering the second-rate unis Adidas and Russell are putting out in college bball, I'm glad. Although the collar is admittedly horrible.

Pictures in the gallery here.

I like those new Wash State unis. They are definetly much improved. I was never a fan of their old ones.

Why is it that Adidas uniforms never seem to fit right? The jerseys are alway way too big and look weird tucked into the shorts. They need to change the cut of the jerseys. Adidas football uniforms also don't seem like they fit right a lot of the time too.

vandy got new uniforms...they are on the athletic website

http://vucommodores.cstv.com/view.gal?id=54866

jenkinsblogshootfall09.jpg

They've retained the circus-y letters and numbers. Only really played with logo placement and side trim. But yes, they are new, and are different from the 08-09 ones.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

They've retained the circus-y letters and numbers. Only really played with logo placement and side trim. But yes, they are new, and are different from the 08-09 ones.

So both Iowa State and Vandy have switched to the same template as Michigan State. Didn't realize it was that popular.

So both Iowa State and Vandy have switched to the same template as Michigan State. Didn't realize it was that popular.

I sure hope this doesn't become the Mizzou template of basketball haha

Missouri State has new uniforms this year, and I'm pretty sure it's also the Michigan State template. Observe:

Home

createimage.jpg

Away

bilde.jpg

Away side detail

a9v3wn.jpg

Last year they had the Colorado template. A lot of Bears fans are glad they changed the wordmark. I liked the university's wordmark they used last year better.

createimage-1.jpg

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Missouri State has new uniforms this year, and I'm pretty sure it's also the Michigan State template. Observe:

Home

createimage.jpg

Away

bilde.jpg

Away side detail

a9v3wn.jpg

Last year they had the Colorado template. A lot of Bears fans are glad they changed the wordmark. I liked the university's wordmark they used last year better.

createimage-1.jpg

It's a (now) overused, SOD template, but at least they finally unstacked "Missouri State". It wasn't as bad on the previous uniforms, the "Stanford" models, but when they switched to the Colorado template, added more black and enlarged the lettering, it just looked awful. This is basic, but a definate improvement. Now, if they could just make the lettering on the maroon uniforms white again, it'd be much better.

Archived