New College Basketball Uni's 2009-2010

redlegs420

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Gamecock's new threads, meh....

uscmen29_rg19.lead_art_horizontal.prod_affiliate.74.jpg

Link: http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/1003739.html?RSS=gogamecocks

Not really a fan at all....The Miami style numbers just dont work with the typeset, and I thought SC was an Under Armor contracted school? I honestly can say, IMO It's a downgrade...

Gray does not work at all. They should have made a garnet one instead.

Here's the Gamecock's new threads, meh....

uscmen29_rg19.lead_art_horizontal.prod_affiliate.74.jpg

Link: http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/1003739.html?RSS=gogamecocks

Not really a fan at all....The Miami style numbers just dont work with the typeset, and I thought SC was an Under Armor contracted school? I honestly can say, IMO It's a downgrade...

How dare they steal Miami's numbers! lol

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

well for some schools, constant change is tradition.

every year that rick pitino has been here, the uniform has changed every year, some elements smaller than others, but the uniforms have not been the same year after year.

Pitino did the same thing at Kentucky; they changed just about every season and sometimes within the same season (1995/96 - changed to the "denim blue" uniforms for Converse mid-season).

However, the Cards did use the same template Pitino's first 3 seasons - I think season 1 had the large Old English "L" that the NCAA outlawed (they outlawed having a larger letter than the others), so season 2 had the "Louisville" in all the same font, then season 3 put the Cardinal Bird head logo on the back of the shorts.

After that they've been 100% different each year - and typically they don't have an adidas template that is available to any other team.

If that is the case, how is Maryland allowed to get away with their MarylanD on their jerseys?

NCAA Rule 3, Section 5, Article 7

No more than two identifying names or abbreviations of the names

may be placed on either, or on both, the front and back of the game jersey and

shall be placed such that the number(s) is clearly visible. The name(s) and/or

abbreviation(s):

(subset B) Shall be placed vertically and/or horizontally. When placed horizontally,

the lettering may be arched, but the first and last letters shall be in the

same horizontal plane;

Sorry is the smileys are still seen

Yeah - that rule wiped out some traditional uniform looks like Missouri and Michigan with the huge first letter "M" and all the other letters small and in a single color. The Louisville logo had a very large Old English "L" with the rest of the letters in their current athletic logo font. Evidently adidas hadn't heard of this rule when they made the logo.

This is the first pic I've seen of the new Texas A&M uniform. I have only found a pic from the side, but the paneling appears to be the biggest change. It could be the lighting but this years uni appears to use the lighter shade of maroon that the school has been slowly switching to as opposed to the almost purple shade of maroon nike had A&M wearing before the switch to adidas.

2010basketball.jpg

here is last years uni

2009basketball.jpg

MACQVRRFXOFNXJN.20091107044251.jpg

WNXEIEWRRWHFTXY.20091107044200.jpg

App got new Jumpman SOD jerseys.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

MACQVRRFXOFNXJN.20091107044251.jpg

WNXEIEWRRWHFTXY.20091107044200.jpg

App got new Jumpman SOD jerseys.

I think that's Ohio State's SOD template

I don't have pictures, but it now appears that all of Ole Miss's uniforms are the Ohio State SOD template, as opposed to last year, when that was only true of the two alternates (red and grey). The whites (and, presumably blues) say Ole Miss, the alternates still say Rebels.

Great job!

Upgrades 4 me :

Nova, Unlv's sparkle twill and panels, Clemson, and all the UA templates. They finally sprinkled some of their football innovation at last.

I'm definately applying as a designer for Russell (if that position even exists there).

• 1 month later...

I like the consistency between the UC basketball and football unis.

More schools need to do this.

It shouldn't be the sport's/team's identity, it should be the school's identity.

That's what bugs me most about UCONN's look. They have a gourgeous look in football with the navy, white and silver trim. Their basketball look is terrible. I hated the navy, red, and white when I was a student and I hate it even more now. They need to get rid of the red and stick to the navy, white, and silver.

Just thought I would say that UW is rumored to be pulling out the black alternates vs georgetown today. I guess we will find out for sure in an hour or so, but be on the lookout for them.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived