Colorado Rockies Revision

McCall

This is an update to a Rockies logo concept I did almost a year ago. I tweaked the primary some more and I feel it's better than how I had it. I'm including the primary logo, a "wordmark logo" as I'm labeling for now, and then, the different variations I've done: the first one I posted and then the update I did to it after listening to suggestions from everybody, and then the most recent again, as sort of a comparison of how it progressed.

I couldn't find the original thread right away and I'm also having internet connection problems so I'm just creating a new thread rather than wasting time sifting through the old threads and possibly losing my connection before I'm able to post it. If I find the old one later, I'll link it. And if any of the moderators think there only needs to be one thread, they can merge, keep one and graveyard the other, or whatever they want.

I'm also finally coming together on a uniform for this set, something I had trouble with on my last one. A cap logo is still my achilles heel with this concept, however, as I'm still having problems coming up with one I'm satisfied with.

Primary:

ColoradoRockiesPrimary.gif

"Wordmark Logo":

ColoradoRockiesWordmark.gif

Logo "transition":

ColoradoRockiesProcess.gif

First of all: here's the link to your previous concept, which I was just recently thinking of for some reason. I was hoping you'd revive it, and... here it is!

I really love the look of this. The wordmark font is beautiful, and I love the balance of colors. The mountains look great, and I can't wait to see the cap logo and uniforms!

scotland_fifasig.png

The mountain just does not look right. It looks too 2D - like it's a flat drawing of a mountain on a piece of paper that was folded in half. That type of shading simply doesn't work for this. Each peak would need it's own shading for this to work, and even then it's questionable.

The "transition" is good - the bottom one does look way better than the top one. I think that if you fixed the shading, and also "spiked" the peaks of the side mountains more (currently, the big fat one in the middle just dominates too much) it could be a really nice logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

First of all: here's the link to your previous concept, which I was just recently thinking of for some reason. I was hoping you'd revive it, and... here it is!

I really love the look of this. The wordmark font is beautiful, and I love the balance of colors. The mountains look great, and I can't wait to see the cap logo and uniforms!

Ha! I remember the original post too. Great update.

Two things I would say, one the mountain looks to symmetrical and as such ends up reminding me of teeth in a lower jaw (think original poster for Jaws) and the second thing is all the text is hanging left slightly. I know it's the serif on the leg of the R that's causing in but personally I would have any arced text balance on a baseline, as it is just now the R is lower, it's not off by a huge amount but one you notice it, it's pretty noticeable.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Here is an update to the mountains, just to see if I'm heading in the right direction. I made it more so that the light is coming from one side (the left) and ditched the darker purple. I connected the "snow" on the left side, which is kind of how it is on their current logo, to help convey this. I'm also taking suggestions on the snowcaps themselves if needed. This is mainly just a rough update to see if it's improving.

I'm also working on the wordmark to make it a little more balanced from left to right, but without changing the font too much. I'm working on something right now for it and will post it when I feel it's ready. But for now, this update is mainly about the mountains. I also did one where the right half was still the darker purple, but it's looking a little funny. If I can get it looking better, I'll post it. Otherwise I may just go with it like this.

COLMtnUpdate2.gif

Archived