broncos in wrong pants

southpawstu19

My big complaint with both sets -- that they wore the socks without any white socks. The original sets both included white mid-calf socks, but the Broncos are wearing the striped socks straight into their cleats. Is the NFL issuing fines to every player on the team or are they all considered in compliance with the league's uniform rules (excluding the player(s) with the twisted candy cane socks)?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Can we even be SURE that the Broncos had two sets of pants back in 1960-61? I mean, all the photos I've seen are in black and white, and the few color photos I've seen are of the yellow jersey and the pants with yellow stripes. I'd never even seen the white/brown socks until last night.

I'm not surprised that the NFL would screw this up...they are paying the price for not accurately documenting their history like MLB has. That's why we get pseudo throwbacks, or the 1994 Jets and Bills monstrosities where they kept their regular helmets but just reversed the colors on the logo! :cursing:

According to UniWatch this morning, the Broncos had only one set of brown pants, and that those were the pants with the yellow stripes. So that part of history reproduction was done correctly.

I'm actually impressed that the 1960 Denver Broncos, a team in an upstart league that didn't play that many games in an era where having two different sets of pants (or socks) wasn't common, had two sets of pants (and socks). That said, the yellow stripes look very out of place.

Unless they actually modeled these throwbacks this summer with two different pairs of pants then my guess is that they didn't want to buy two different sets of pants that would be used for only one game each. Every other AFL legacy team has pants that are interchangeable with both jerseys so they didn't have to deal with this problem.

another interesting thing I've noticed is that I don't think we've ever had such universal agreement across the boards about a particular uniform. At best they're getting "In a weird way, I actually like them, but would never want to see them full time" or "from the head to the knee, they're okay". The traditionalists hate them, the modernists hate them. Can you think of another uniform so widely hated by everyone or loved by everyone on the boards?

i like the unis. my thoughts are the same about the yellow pants with the white jersey, thats a huge mistake by someone, but i would like to see these throwbacks every year. love the colors

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That dual yellow stripe sure doesn't fit well into the rest of the uniform, but it makes sense if the Broncos had it for 1960...apparently they got their original brown-and-gold uniforms from a school (college) in Arizona that wouldn't wear them. Sounds like a team with little moolah to start off with if you ask me. However, what Arizona school would they have gotten those brown duds from anyways? My gut tells me that it's either Arizona State (maybe brown was replaced with burgundy) or University of Northern Arizona (at Flagstaff, maybe brown was replaced by royal blue).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

that certainly doesn't look like white pants stripes to me...

3881888850_f42c3ef26a_o.jpg

rhetorical >> So we can conclude from one b/w photo that they only wore yellow stripes but multiple color photos from different seasons can't prove that the Chargers' blue is the wrong shade? :rolleyes: And look at the two sets of socks, doesn't the guy on the left have 'darker' stripes? Could he have been wearing the yellow socks or is it just a trick of the light?

Though I do agree, those pants stripes don't look white. B)

It also validates the white socks comment by Leopard88. The unis aren't nearly as clownish when worn with the solid white athletic socks.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I hate the socks on the Broncos players, but I have to be the first to get the brown and yellow ones to wear in intramural flag football. Does anyone know if they are selling the socks anywhere?

PvO6ZWJ.png

If I'm not mistaken, this is the last time they are scheduled to wear throwbacks (other teams are wearing them as many as 4 times). I guess we'll never get to see what they look like with brown and white pants (or non-twisted socks, for that matter).

No they are scheduled to wear them at least two more times I believe. Once versus the Raiders at home on Dec 20th. And I believe they are wearing them against the Chiefs, I do not know whether it is the game in Denver or the game in Kansas City though.

I looked into it and I was right. They aren't wearing these again. That's a shame. I'd like to get one more look at the home version in action.

My big complaint with both sets -- that they wore the socks without any white socks. The original sets both included white mid-calf socks, but the Broncos are wearing the striped socks straight into their cleats. Is the NFL issuing fines to every player on the team or are they all considered in compliance with the league's uniform rules (excluding the player(s) with the twisted candy cane socks)?

That's the first thing I thought of, the socks being in correct because they shouldn't be striped all the way down. Also, on those old photos, the stripes on the socks seemed thinner that what they are wearing.

*ponders the thought...would a brown-clad team work in L.A.???

Why not? I'd love it. Have them use Brown, Light Blue and Gold. What an amazing color combo that would be. They can call themselves the Condors or something. That way the brown makes sense because of the bird. Birds fly in the bright blue sky so the light blue would work. And isn't California the GOLDEN State? WALLAH!!!! Jackpot! Took care of the gold.

Lets email this to the NFL head offices before someone else does. :)

*ponders the thought...would a brown-clad team work in L.A.???

Why not? I'd love it. Have them use Brown, Light Blue and Gold. What an amazing color combo that would be. They can call themselves the Condors or something. That way the brown makes sense because of the bird. Birds fly in the bright blue sky so the light blue would work. And isn't California the GOLDEN State? WALLAH!!!! Jackpot! Took care of the gold.

Lets email this to the NFL head offices before someone else does. :)

Or we could keep an eye on the Concepts section in the coming weeks... ;)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived