NFL Pants We Never See

dennisbergan

Ravens with twin white stripe and logo at hip, new # font

245794.jpg

I think these pants (at least stripe-wise) would look great with their roads. Maybe if they can replicate the stripe on the helmet (white-purple-white) (and with their current or this logo), then they would look great in my book.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also echo the sentiment that the Ravens should utilize an effect similar to that of the Jaguars.

Perhaps someone can whip up a Ravens concept exemplifying it?

If one were to think about it, the Ravens and the Jaguars (of last year and prior years) were in basically the same quandry from a design standpoint. In their 'vanilla' home uniforms, both teams use a black helmet over a colored jersey (in a color that in other schemes could stand alone as the 'dark color' no less) with white pants and gold trim that they really don't know what exactly to do with.

While the homes of both of these teams looked fairly good, the aways of both squads suffered. Teal/Purple pants? Ehh, not so much. Gold pants? No, the color doesn't have enough prominance in the set. Black pants? Maybe, if you do them right: (Stripe, socks that arent black, etc.) But really, it's a least of the evils situation when it comes to away duds with those messy color combinations. Even in concepts I've never seen an away set for either of those teams that's really jumped out at me.

While I'm not a fan of the Jaguars' current duds, I somewhat like the move away from gold simply for the simplification of the colorscheme. As for the Ravens, their black pants from 1996 are a bit too traditionalist. But I agree that black pants with the right sort of striping (something gold and purple with a bit of white in there?) and white socks with stripes would make that team's away uniform look far better.

Just to put the pants with the comments from earlier, here are the Saints' various takes on black pants.

Their first pair. Talk about mismatched golds...good grief:

big_Archie%20Manning01.jpg

The Ricky/Ditka era...surely one of the wiiiiiiidest pants stripes ever worn:

ricky%20williams.jpg

And the current pair:

DrewBrees.jpg

My vote's for the Ricky/Ditka era set, though the stripe could be narrowed a bit.

I think it both goes best with the current scheme as it matches the pattern on the gold pants, and it just looks better.

Tubby: I wholeheartedly agree about the second set. Some tweaks are needed, such as standardizing some of the stripes, but as a whole it looks beautiful and refreshingly free of navy.

I can't say the same about monochrome aqua. Not a fan.

This is slightly OT, but with all of the talk regarding the Eagles' unis, I noticed that these two script logos are missing from the site:

PhiladelphiaEagles_WM1_1996-2002.png

PhiladelphiaEagles_WM2_1996-2002.png

These were used from 1996 through 2002, and the second one was even listed as being on the socks for 1996.

I also echo the sentiment that the Ravens should utilize an effect similar to that of the Jaguars.

Perhaps someone can whip up a Ravens concept exemplifying it?

Beat you to it

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=56800&hl=nfl%20extravaganza&st=320

Scroll down til you see it on the action template.

I miss these two looks. I just do not like how the Falcons helmet is black, but everything from the neck down is SOOO RED. And, their away uniform has so much more black.

7ae07n6g.jpg

04_0520_kk.jpg

Also, has anyone else ever thought Atlanta's road uniform would look great if the pants were grey with the same design???

I liked the red jersey / black pants combo for Atlanta. I also liked the teal jersey / black pants combo for Jacksonville... at least when they had stripes on the pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They weren't good, but IMO they were better than the stripeless version.

Maybe if they went with teal socks instead of black, the stripeless pants would have been OK, since their helmet is also stripeless, but the leotard look was just awful.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2765956.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD144A0800440A5DE865F4C4269DB5D2CADC129F460EE9E353

Great look for the Dolphins. It's similar to the unis Kiick & Csonka were in for their famous 'f- you' SI cover (note Csonka's right hand giving the finger). Socks are different and there are no sleeve stripes - are those practice jerseys?

csonkakiick.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Socks are different and there are no sleeve stripes - are those practice jerseys?

No. They are just an example of the Dolphins being incredibly inconsistent during that era. The pictures below are from Super Bowl VII -- you will see players in the same game with and without sleeve stripes (and with numbers that appear to of substantially difference thickness).

81410231.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC300E2E744B0BB47326FD13ED7B73D4BC

81801588.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC1C34C702EE35466D26FD13ED7B73D4BC

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived