NFL Pants We Never See

dennisbergan

idk how many times these jaguars pants were used but this is the first time that i have seen them

jagas.png

2003 was the first time they broke them out, and I think they wore them in 2004 as well. In 2005 they started with the leotard (emphasis on the 'TARD).

Just another example of this team struggling to find an identity. Teams don't make 9 uniform changes in 15 years, like the Jaguars have.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Socks are different and there are no sleeve stripes - are those practice jerseys?

No. They are just an example of the Dolphins being incredibly inconsistent during that era. The pictures below are from Super Bowl VII -- you will see players in the same game with and without sleeve stripes (and with numbers that appear to of substantially difference thickness).

81410231.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC300E2E744B0BB47326FD13ED7B73D4BC

81801588.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC1C34C702EE35466D26FD13ED7B73D4BC

That's bizarre. Never noticed it before either. In the top pic, check out Chris Hanburger (#55). Where the hell's he going? :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

it was unique, simple, and for the most part consistent.

The letters and numbers looked nothing alike and they played lots of mix-and-match with jerseys and pants.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

it was unique, simple, and for the most part consistent.

The letters and numbers looked nothing alike and they played lots of mix-and-match with jerseys and pants.

I was referring to the period before they started to play mix-and-match with the jerseys and pants.

Looks like we'll see the Saints' black pants Monday night for the first time this season. From nola.com:

===

The Saints are expected to wear black jerseys and black pants Monday night against the Atlanta Falcons for the first time at home this season.

===

As I understand it, teams have to declare what they'll wear at home to the NFL before the season. Any deviation needs the opponents' approval. Seems odd to me that the Falcons would agree to that.

Looks like we'll see the Saints' black pants Monday night for the first time this season. From nola.com:

===

The Saints are expected to wear black jerseys and black pants Monday night against the Atlanta Falcons for the first time at home this season.

===

As I understand it, teams have to declare what they'll wear at home to the NFL before the season. Any deviation needs the opponents' approval. Seems odd to me that the Falcons would agree to that.

that isnt odd. Atlanta's primary road is white on white.

Socks are different and there are no sleeve stripes - are those practice jerseys?

No. They are just an example of the Dolphins being incredibly inconsistent during that era. The pictures below are from Super Bowl VII -- you will see players in the same game with and without sleeve stripes (and with numbers that appear to of substantially difference thickness).

81410231.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC300E2E744B0BB47326FD13ED7B73D4BC

81801588.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC1C34C702EE35466D26FD13ED7B73D4BC

That's bizarre. Never noticed it before either. In the top pic, check out Chris Hanburger (#55). Where the hell's he going? :wacko:

Nevermind that, in the lower picture, why is Washington's #22 R. Taylor reaching down and cupping his teammate's package while Larry Csonka runs by?!? :blink:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

===

===

I don't believe that the pants are included in the pre-season declaration. I'm fairly certain it's just jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

===

===

I don't believe that the pants are included in the pre-season declaration. I'm fairly certain it's just jerseys.

Doesn't matter in relation to my point, which is - psychologically speaking - why you would ever approve anything your rival wanted to do? Screw 'em! Ask yourself, why do the Saints want to wear all black? Because it's a special occasion, for intimidation, blah blah, whatever the reason, to me the Falcons should always say no if they have a choice. I'd same the same if the Falcons needed the Saints' approval to switch unis. You want to wear black? Sorry, you declared white, so wear your road uni.

But if the Falcons want to say ok, fine by me. As long as the Saints win they can wear pink cleats for all I care. Oh, wait... B)

After seeing those old Redskins photos would anyone else besides me like to see the Skins go back to gold pants?

I always liked those unis.

Yup, they've had the same uniform since 1979 when Jack Pardee was the coach. I say bring back the spear helmet with a slightly updated uniform (like the Jets, Chargers, and Giants have done) and wear the darker burgundy and real gold...they can bring out their Gibbs-era uniforms as a throwback 1-2 times a year.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

===

===

Doesn't matter in relation to my point, which is - psychologically speaking - why you would ever approve anything your rival wanted to do? Screw 'em! Ask yourself, why do the Saints want to wear all black? Because it's a special occasion, for intimidation, blah blah, whatever the reason, to me the Falcons should always say no if they have a choice. I'd same the same if the Falcons needed the Saints' approval to switch unis. You want to wear black? Sorry, you declared white, so wear your road uni.

But if the Falcons want to say ok, fine by me. As long as the Saints win they can wear pink cleats for all I care. Oh, wait... cool.gif

If they declared before the season that they were wearing their black jerseys for this game, why would Atlanta have to approve to anything?

It's not like they declare that white is their "home" uniform for all games. Several teams post their home-jersey schedule before the season starts, as it is a game-by-game thing. They just declare what they're wearing for each home game, not all home games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Larry Little thought his jersey said HAMburger, so he was running like hell to get away from him

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

jagas.png

The best uni set the Jags have ever sported, IMO.

Same for the Colts.

While that may be the case for many, it's still up in the air for me between those (w/ the blue pants from '95) and their current unis w/ gray facemasks.

In fact, can anyone find a clear pic of the early-80s Baltimore Colts, the ones with the gray mixed into the road uniforms? I'd like to take a good look at those.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived