davidson

3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial

needs work but posting as a sample..........

lsuhistorycopy.png

Monumental! I hope this creates a Timeline College Helmet Wave!

I'm looking for the templates files also but can't seem to find them, especially the side view helmet template. Can anyone re-post please?

Page 12 too. There are templates for each decade, as well as a complete PSD file that the OP hosted. All you have to do is download and changed the colors/logos. All the hard stuff has been done for us.

Edited by mUsh

Page 12 too. There are templates for each decade, as well as a complete PSD file that the OP hosted. All you have to do is download and changed the colors/logos. All the hard stuff has been done for us.

Probably a stupid question but will PSD files work on Gimp??

Probably a stupid question but will PSD files work on Gimp??

I have never used GIMP, so I wouldn't know. Although I would venture to say no. Just download the file and see if it will open up in gimp.

Here are my first tries. I have only had photoshop for 2 days. I could not get the logo to bend with the helmet. I tried fishey on illustrator and it just wouldn't cooperate with me. I can't figure out how to get stripe to show up either...but oh well..if anyone could fit it for me. I'd really appreciate it.

Our traditional helmets that we had til last year...tried to do metallic effect.

totalherd.jpg

Current helmets...

totalherdgreenwhite.jpg

current logo if someone wouldn't care to warp it for me...

plainM.jpg

original

theherd.jpg

Well heres my first one... Im on Gimp so it might not look that great... The logo I made myself for a TeamBuilder team and never really got around to cleaning it up.

NChelmet.png

Teambuilder team, DCU Titans

DCU.png

It came out weird IMO

UO Throwback

OregonTB.png

Glad you guys are getting the hang of these helmets! Keep em coming! Should give us a few ideas and inspiration in the future...

Glad you guys are getting the hang of these helmets! Keep em coming! Should give us a few ideas and inspiration in the future...

Yeah, I hope to see some newer style helmets, ION, DNA, Speed, etc. in the near future too. :shocked:

Here is a sig I made for myself showing a different helmet for each decade....too bad I couldn't find a leather helmet from the 40s!

sig.png