3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial

Davidson

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squeezee12,

Can you (or anyone else who is trying this in Gimp) give translated directions to do this in Gimp. I don't have Photoshop and am not terribly gifted with any of these programs to begin with. I am trying to convert all the logos for my fantasy league into decent looking helmets and this would help tremendously.

Ricardo

Squeezee12,

Can you (or anyone else who is trying this in Gimp) give translated directions to do this in Gimp. I don't have Photoshop and am not terribly gifted with any of these programs to begin with. I am trying to convert all the logos for my fantasy league into decent looking helmets and this would help tremendously.

Ricardo

Ricardo,

I downloaded the temptlate from davidson. It works ok in Gimp. I have figured out how to get rid of the background like everyone else has... And also having trouble making clean helmet stripes... But Im still playing with it and once I get it down Ill try to send something over to you.

Davidson first post will help through the process. The only part I couldnt do is the mask layer part. Havent figured that out in Gimp yet... Oh well.

oregonsig.png

Squeezee12,

Ricardo

Ricardo,

I downloaded the temptlate from davidson. It works ok in Gimp. I have figured out how to get rid of the background like everyone else has... And also having trouble making clean helmet stripes... But Im still playing with it and once I get it down Ill try to send something over to you.

Davidson first post will help through the process. The only part I couldnt do is the mask layer part. Havent figured that out in Gimp yet... Oh well.

My biggest problem is I'm not really a graphic designer of any sort. I don't understand half of the words Davidson uses. I'll keep an eye open for whatever you can come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone has a spare second, it would be great if they could post the main distinctive styles of helmets since the first face-guards.

im planning of producing a series of about 5 or so styles (including the revolution and rev speed helmets from drmusicboy) in the next little while.

fd

if anyone has a spare second, it would be great if they could post the main distinctive styles of helmets since the first face-guards.

im planning of producing a series of about 5 or so styles (including the revolution and rev speed helmets from drmusicboy) in the next little while.

fd

Fraser, go to the link and you will find links to facemasks from the 50's through the 80's.

https://www.gridironmemories.com/shop/maskmenu.asp

fd

Fraser, go to the link and you will find links to facemasks from the 50's through the 80's.

interesting. thats useful as reference but im looking for the say 3 or 4 quintessential examples of helmets that define the various styles from the 50s to the 80s.

if any of you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

fd

revo1.png

revo2.png

revo3.png

incidentally, these are the angles of views i will be creating templates for (of all helmet types) i will be making 5 in total so if you need a different view, speak now

or go without.

fd

fd

interesting. thats useful as reference but im looking for the say 3 or 4 quintessential examples of helmets that define the various styles from the 50s to the 80s.

if any of you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

These are amazing as always but I think that the straight on side view needs to be more rounded.

It looks like you kinda flattened it out just a bit on the top.

photo.jpg

fd

revo1.png

revo2.png

revo3.png

incidentally, these are the angles of views i will be creating templates for (of all helmet types) i will be making 5 in total so if you need a different view, speak now

or go without.

fd

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

Archived