3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial

Davidson

I have done pretty much all the schools from the major conferences. I am in the process of making all the conferences. You can see them on my site here

Nice job on doing all those schools, really like the layout on there. The only thing I see is that I think the logos should be rotated more counterclockwise, because when you think about it, if you rotated the whole helmet clockwise to the point where it whould be sitting on someone's head, the logos would all be pointing down or crooked, whatever you want to call it.

Like so....(ignore the shadow)

miami-helmet-rotated.png

Also wouldn't some of the helmet stripes be showing?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet new templates!! Since the new SJSU logo looks like a spartan in a canoe, even without the "San Jose State" the logo still looks funky. So I created a SJSU concept logo: A gold spearhead with SJSU's 2005 Spartan-head in the center. I put it on a helmet to see what it would look like and here ya go! It's quickly becoming my new favorite logo!! :)

sjsuhelmetconcept.png

Hey y'all. Noob here. Can somebody give me or point to me a basics tutorial for beginners using gimp? I've had ideas for a fictional league since I was in middle school, but I'm only moderately computer literate. I've been playing with gimp for a few months now and I'm getting better, but it's hard to find any tutorials for creating sports logo graphics. I think many guys are stingy about giving out their secrets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Davidson or drmusicboy how did you get the Revolution helmet model? I've been looking hard the past couple of days for a Revo or Revo speed C4D tutorial but I cannot find one anywhere. I think Davidson mentioned that the models are courtesy of drmusicboy, did you model them in C4D? If so is there any way I could get a tutorial on how to do it or the .C4d file? Any chance you have the Revo Speed modeled? I have the beginnings of it with some basic sphere manipulation but I can't seem to get all the way there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Davidson or drmusicboy how did you get the Revolution helmet model? I've been looking hard the past couple of days for a Revo or Revo speed C4D tutorial but I cannot find one anywhere. I think Davidson mentioned that the models are courtesy of drmusicboy, did you model them in C4D? If so is there any way I could get a tutorial on how to do it or the .C4d file? Any chance you have the Revo Speed modeled? I have the beginnings of it with some basic sphere manipulation but I can't seem to get all the way there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

cowboys.png

Okay what did you do to get the image up. I'm afraid I don't know a thing about forums and blogs so when i tired to upload all it showed was the link. BTW you rock! This is an unbelievable template, I had to use paint shop pro to manipulate it, I know next to nothing about photo shop.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you make the matte effect?

Only key the 'Reflection' and 'Ambient' passes through the sections you want to be glossy.

May require that you put these passes into the 'Screws' and 'Facemask' Folder also.

<Botched Image>

Think this is what you wanted:

cowboys.png

How did you get that metallic (AKA "sparkly") effect? Would it work on a darker gray?

'overlay' a layer of mid gray over the helmet colour. this should look exactly the same if the grey is rgb (128,128,128).

then add some noise to the layer.

Here's another question: Is there a way to make a Jaguars-like sparkling effect (little or no light means a dark color like black, considerable light yields teal)?

Jaguars-Helmet.jpg

--EDIT--

I think I found it. However, how do you get rid of the black background and make it white, especially with some dark colors being used for the helmet?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived