davidson

3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial

Heres to the 2013 NFL Playoffs:Slide1.png

Very nice. I like how you worked the stripes for the Packers and the 49ers so that you barely see the stripe on the other side of the center white. A small detail but it works very well.

Do you have a tutorial on how to do the actual templates? I would like to make a front and back hockey template.

Man those are awesome. Thanks, Fraser! What are the odds that we could get a left-facing helmet included in there as well?

Thanks much!

Fraser, what is your favorite helmet style? Do you like the Revo Speed, or some of the older models? I think the Revo Speed is overdesigned and busy. Although it's no longer made, I've always liked the simple elegance of the Riddell shown below. It's clean, and designs did not have to compete with the helmet itself.

_8598988.jpg

For current helmets, the Revolution is my pick. I do like this Zenith model, though.

Xenith%2BX1.jpg

Is anyone else using GIMP for these? If so, have you used this specific template?

Rev.png

Thanks!

I'll throw this back up eventually. I'm graduating from inkscape to photoshop/illustrator, and I'm always making improvements (probably always will).

For now, I just wanted to show off my work with this hot new template Davidson shared with us:)