For All Who Post Pictures...

BombSkwad

I was one of those folks who would use my geocities account and simply ask folks to cut and paste... but I found a site called Photobucket that allows remote linking, and even provides code for you to copy/paste into your message. It's free, and the signup is quick

I've used it in here already and it's awesome.

Just a PSA...

Remote link? What a TERRIFFIC idea! This would be GREAT! People should use this!

-Seriously? Please, for the love of god, use this.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd love it if folks would all use their own domains, or photobucket...

it is my dream that there would be no more C&P on this board...

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Depends. I'd love to see the day where every image is remote linked, but sometimes it's a pain waiting for them all to load. As long as everyone is posting web-friendly files, and there's not an image in every post, photobucket rocks.

However, sometimes it takes forever for pages to load - especially if someone has a huge image, or in threads like challenges or Babe of the week, where there's a photo in every post.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Depends. I'd love to see the day where every image is remote linked, but sometimes it's a pain waiting for them all to load. As long as everyone is posting web-friendly files, and there's not an image in every post, photobucket rocks.

However, sometimes it takes forever for pages to load - especially if someone has a huge image, or in threads like challenges or Babe of the week, where there's a photo in every post.

Remote linking isn't placing an image in the post itself. Remote linking is placing a clickable link to your image inside your post. Many people try to do this right now, but don't realize that sites like geocities and angelfire do not allow remote linking and thus the reader needs to copy and paste the link, which annoyingly opens in this window instead of opening a new one.

Sites like photobucket, or even AOL FTP, which I use, allow remote linking. That means you can click the link, it'll open in a new window that loads quickly cause it's just one pic, and then close the window. Fabulos thingers.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Many people try to do this right now, but don't realize that sites like geocities and angelfire do not allow remote linking and thus the reader needs to copy and paste the link, which annoyingly opens in this window instead of opening a new one.

Angelfire does allow remote-linking.

I've gotten so used to copy&pasting (or in my case, click&dragging to the address bar) that I do so with almost every link. It's not that hard.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

http://www.portland.co.uk/

FREE Webhosting

Portland is one of the orginal Free Web Hosting Providers

No Banners & No Popups

15MB Web Space & 100MB Monthly Bandwidth

Ideal for personal domains, family web sites & test sites

Supports all domains names and subdomains

This is what I use.

That's pretty good...but Photobucket gives you a heck of a lot more storage space (100mb), and 2.5GB of bandwidth...you'd be surprised how quickly you can go through 100mb.

I can't recommend Photobucket enough.

--Eriq.

you can click the link, it'll open in a new window that loads quickly cause it's just one pic, and then close the window. Fabulos thingers.

I agree. Totally. Having to copy and paste or grag a link is completely unacceptable this day and age.

I don't want to see every single thing remote linked in the thread, for the sake of other people who have slow bandwidth, but links to images that one can actually click, is awesome.

Please, please, I implore you all... lets get this board out of gutter, and make all links work.

ΓΔΒ!

Archived