What will the New Giants stadium be called?

NoHoJoe

Wait to next week, I will be doing perodic trivia threads for events like the World Series, and trying to start a new form of trivia down the line.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could still named Xanadu.

http://www.visitxanadu.com/

They could have Olivia Newton-John and a hologram of Gene Kelly roller skate through the mall! :P

Oh yes Xanadu, one of the worst movies ever made, and you name an entertainment center/mall after it.

Corruption and scandal notwithstanding, you clowns realize that Xanadu was the name of Charles Foster Kane's estate, right? Or does the board's point of reference now begin/end with Olivia Newton John and the Electric Light Orchestra?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Shea Stadium

The classics never die.

What do ya mean "never die"? The Tank Stumper is dead as a doornail.

I mean classics never die as in someone posting "Shea Stadium" every time Tank or njmeadowlanders asks a question.

Um, when's the last time I had a trivia thread? Unless I'm mistaken, my next would be my first...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

They could have Olivia Newton-John and a hologram of Gene Kelly roller skate through the mall! :P

Oh yes Xanadu, one of the worst movies ever made, and you name an entertainment center/mall after it.

Corruption and scandal notwithstanding, you clowns realize that Xanadu was the name of Charles Foster Kane's estate, right? Or does the board's point of reference now begin/end with Olivia Newton John and the Electric Light Orchestra?

Xanadu originated in Greek mythology so there :P

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Shea Stadium

The classics never die.

I mean classics never die as in someone posting "Shea Stadium" every time Tank or njmeadowlanders asks a question.

Um, when's the last time I had a trivia thread? Unless I'm mistaken, my next would be my first...

I believe he meant nohojo

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shea Stadium

The classics never die.

Well if that's the case then that would make a lot more sense... :grin:

Not only that said mall is bankrupting the state and hemoring money. Said malll is an absolute total eye sore. I swear it is the ugliest thing in the world.

large_XANADUB.jpg

I can not wait to the Xanadu trials and all the rats it takes down with it.

And the funny thing is its opening has been delayed forever, and some say it may never open.

Oh well I did not want to go skiing indoors in July any way.

When I think Xanadu, I think of the estate in Citizen Kane, the monument of decadence that sat rotting before it was even completed. Which sounds about right for this place.

While that's true, it'll still feel like sharing a bunk bed with your older brother.

Sort of...but let's be honest. There really is zero need for two separate NFL stadiums. They're used for their primary purpose 10 times a season. They've managed to share one for 26 seasons, there's not any problems with doing so. There is no reason why the Jets and Giants need to be home on the same day. Furthermore, that would prevent ANY other game from being on in the NY market unless one was a Sunday or Monday night game if they were to be home on the same day, since the Jets and Giants can't play at the same time and you can't air another game against a Jet/Giant home game (this season an exception b/c of Yom Kippur and the Eagles moving a start time to accomodate the World Series) unless they play each other, and they haven't before this season since 1984.

The only issue that could arrive is if both end up hosting a championship game as they are held on the same day. That said a once in a blue moon occurrence is no reason to build two separate seldom used facilities.

Or does the board's point of reference now begin/end with Olivia Newton John and the Electric Light Orchestra?

Let's get physical. My old world is gone for dead, 'cause I can't get Lee out of my head.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

While that's true, it'll still feel like sharing a bunk bed with your older brother.

Sort of...but let's be honest. There really is zero need for two separate NFL stadiums. They're used for their primary purpose 10 times a season. They've managed to share one for 26 seasons, there's not any problems with doing so. There is no reason why the Jets and Giants need to be home on the same day. Furthermore, that would prevent ANY other game from being on in the NY market unless one was a Sunday or Monday night game if they were to be home on the same day, since the Jets and Giants can't play at the same time and you can't air another game against a Jet/Giant home game (this season an exception b/c of Yom Kippur and the Eagles moving a start time to accomodate the World Series) unless they play each other, and they haven't before this season since 1984.

The only issue that could arrive is if both end up hosting a championship game as they are held on the same day. That said a once in a blue moon occurrence is no reason to build two separate seldom used facilities.

They were actually talking about that last November, you know, before the Jets annual nosedive in the standings, no pun intended. They would've done a Sunday/Monday Night if they did...

What, you mean it's not named after the Rush song?

CCSLC signature.png

Shea Stadium

The classics never die.

He did indeed. My mistake. Please accept my sincere apology for mixing it up meadowlanders. I was thinking nohojoe but I typed your name. It's the drugs. :blink:

BB52Big.jpg

What, you mean it's not named after the Rush song?

Why not? If it's good enough for the Toronto airport, it's good enough for the new Meadowlands stadium.

Archived