Mudville Nine

Discrim

This one's been done for a couple days, you're seeing it for the first time though. Without further ado, the home and away.

mudvillehomeaway.png

The black portions of the sleeves and placket simulate rolled-up sleeves and 19th century collars, respectively (the black uniform also incorporates these). All three caps seen have stripes wrapping around, a la the old pillbox caps.

mudvillealts.png

as you might figure, the white alt looks somewhat out of place. uh, you know what, in hindsight this might rank with that white Temple footy jumper I did among my worse ideas, so have a laugh til I change it later. The black jersey's faux collar has faux laces as well (which I didn't have room for on the home/away due to the script).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think it has to be clearly stated now that the logo and wordmark are not original...Studio Simon designed this for the California League Mudville Nine prior to the 2000 season. All this is a jersey and cap concept using original artwork, and this should have been clearly defined at the onset so everyone knows that this isn't a brand new identity package.

EDIT: Hell, the Nine's logo has been my avatar for about three years now.

Cards.png

I think it has to be clearly stated now that the logo and wordmark are not original...Studio Simon designed this for the California League Mudville Nine prior to the 2000 season. All this is a jersey and cap concept using original artwork, and this should have been clearly defined at the onset so everyone knows that this isn't a brand new identity package.

Calm down. So one person thought it was an original logo? So what? Is it necessary when doing a jersey concept, to say, this is not my logo? No. If I were doing a minor league baseball concept for the Clearwater Threshers, I would not have a disclaimer that says that the logs are not my own.

As for the concept, top notch. The only thing wrong with it is the first alternate, as stated before. I really like how you made the collars and 'rolled up' sleeves. I always really enjoy your concepts, as they are original and inventive.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Calm down. So one person thought it was an original logo? So what? Is it necessary when doing a jersey concept, to say, this is not my logo? No. If I were doing a minor league baseball concept for the Clearwater Threshers, I would not have a disclaimer that says that the logs are not my own.

As for the concept, top notch. The only thing wrong with it is the first alternate, as stated before. I really like how you made the collars and 'rolled up' sleeves. I always really enjoy your concepts, as they are original and inventive.

Yes.

Cards.png

that seems to happen to me a lot...though then, usually I only say much about the logo if I either created or modified it, or am using another poster's logos. If I aint, like in this thread, I've assumed that at least some of the posters know I'm using emblems the team is/was using. Looks like this'll be the last time I omit that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Is it just me or does the guy in the logo look like 'Bill the Butcher' in Gangs of New York?

Great work as ever Discrim, certainly amongst the most distinctive and original designers on the board.

Bingo! I knew he looked familiar, now I know who he looked like.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

I'll defend Discrim. Most of his concepts use existing logos. I haven't read a thread of his where he claims the logos as his own, and most of the older members here can attest to that as well.

Just an oversight, really.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived