NBA Season Thread

Gary

Timberwolves come back down 19 to beat the New Jersey Nets 95-93, Brook Lopez is looking like a legit big man. But Jonny Flynn is everything Ricky Rubio is plus a leader. Annnd Damien Wilikins with the game winner....uhhhh yeah..... :therock:

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timberwolves come back down 19 to beat the New Jersey Nets 95-93, Brook Lopez is looking like a legit big man. But Jonny Flynn is everything Ricky Rubio is plus a leader. Annnd Damien Wilikins with the game winner....uhhhh yeah..... :therock:

I am so used to the wolves blowing big leads. It's weird to be on the winning side of that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

*The Magic are by far the deepset team in the East(if not the NBA), their 2nd string could make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

*The Celtics have gotten better but I think that their age will show in the 2nd half of the season.

* The Cavs I feel have actually taken a step back with the addition of Shaq. I see the East coming down to a battle between the Magic and Celtics.

*And personally I don't care about the West...LA Lakers and San Antonio Spurs will be at the top of the heap when the dust clears, with possibly Denver right there to pull an upset along the way.

*2010 NBA Finals: Re-match Magic vs Lakers...with a different outcome(that may be a biased pick, but oh well)

The Lakers and/or Spurs' second string units would wipe the floor with the Magic bench. Just sayin'. I know you're a big-time Magic fan, and I think that's great. Any NBA fan is okay in my book, but you're a bit too biased with some of this stuff. The Magic don't get a berth to the Finals just because they made it last year. They were as embarrassed by the Lakers as they embarrassed the Cavs. We'll see what happens, but don't start planning that parade at Disneyworld just yet.

Now that I think about it...I'm not really being biased towards the Magic, i'm purely stating what is true. The Magic were not embarrassed by the Lakers in the Finals, they were a few shots short of being up 3-1 in the series. I believe if they didn't rush Jameer back for the Finals, which he even said he was at 60% playing shape, then the series could of stretched even farther with a possible different outcome...who knows? A true Finals embarrassement was Queen James' Cavs being swept by the Spurs in 2007.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Tuesday night is Brandon Jennings vs. Derrick Rose. Were the game in Milwaukee I'd totes go because I'm pretty sure 100-level tickets to Bucks games are free when you purchase $20 of gas from participating Citgo stations. I want Jennings to be for real. I think he might be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Where's PETA? Cruelty to animals! Shock! Outrage! Demand that action of some type be taken!

Manu will now and forever more be known as Batman.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Brandon Jennings has looked like a stud so far. We are just a few games in but he is doing work and making some plays. I think that if he keeps this up the rest of the year we may be see this as the situation that shakes up college basketball.

The Charlotte Bobcats scored 79 points, but still beat the Nets by 11 tonight. The Knicks, Nets, & Bobcats in this mini-round robin are proving why the idea of an end-of-season mini tournament between potential playoff teams and bottom of the barrel teams would be a waste of time.

Whatever it takes, baby. That's fair. Just don't want him ending up like Leon Powe and being a FA. Hell, with this FA class, he honestly probably would be a B-or-C-list FA, so it's good for everyone we got this done now. I'm quite excited for the prospect of Rajon Rondo in over the next 5 years.

My Jazz are at 1-3. All three losses are because of a 4th quarter collapse in each game. I'm telling ya, they need a defender or two, and Carlos Boozer has proven in his stay here that he isn't one.

Yet owner Greg Miller (son of Larry) wears a #5 Jazz jersey onto a local TV sports talk show, and is thinking about resigning the guy. :angered:

This would be a very dumb move, and also an expensive one.

Another thing: here are the Suns, Rockets, Hornets, Hawks, Magic, and 76ers contact pages. Compare with the Jazz contact page. Notice anything missing? There's no way to contact via email! Seriously, do Greg Miller and Co. listen to the fans? :/

Personally, the guy's delusional if he thinks that the Jazz can be a contender, let alone a champion, with Boozer. Don't get me wrong; I like Boozer, but he has clearly peaked with Utah.

Greg isn't Larry, but I'd at least expect him to be involved with the team and say something, instead of just sitting on his hands and hoping for the best. Of course, it's a long season (things will get better, all in all), but still...do something, Mr. Miller!

Thus ends my vent.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

My Jazz are at 1-3. All three losses are because of a 4th quarter collapse in each game. I'm telling ya, they need a defender or two, and Carlos Boozer has proven in his stay here that he isn't one.

I know, it sucks for us fellow Jazz fans but at this point, I?m just happy to have an NBA team in Salt Lake!

Yet owner Greg Miller (son of Larry) wears a #5 Jazz jersey onto a local TV sports talk show, and is thinking about resigning the guy. :angered:

Wow, I totally missed that! Was this on Sports Beat Sunday? I really have no idea why they?d want to resign him at this point; he?s not worth his weight in salt, let alone gold!

Another thing: here are the Suns, Rockets, Hornets, Hawks, Magic, and 76ers contact pages. Compare with the Jazz contact page. Notice anything missing? There's no way to contact via email! Seriously, do Greg Miller and Co. listen to the fans? :/

I could give you Randy Rigby's (Jazz Pres.) email address if you'd like. thicon_wink.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived