NBA Season Thread

Gary

I could give you Randy Rigby's (Jazz Pres.) email address if you'd like. thicon_wink.gif

You know how to use PM's? Or were you just joking? To be paying what could be the most in franchise history for a half-@$$ed hearted effort is ludicrous!

Sorry man, I?ve been slacking off. I?ll be sure to send you his email but I doubt you?ll get a response from him.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad Miller's .3 miracle shot...that was no good.

What do y'all think? I think that if it was no good, it still on the last molecule of his fingers.

It was on his right hand when the clock hit zero.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Brad Miller's .3 miracle shot...that was no good.

What do y'all think? I think that if it was no good, it still on the last molecule of his fingers.

Its pretty inconclusive....if they had called no good initially, i wouldnt be too mad, but the initial call was good, and it doesnt seem like enough evidence to overturn. The lack of HD screens for the refs on court level has already come into play this year

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I don't think it was good. It was pretty clear to me that it was still on his right hand when the clock was at zero. There are times that I can be a little bit of a homer, but I agree with them switching it. Yeah, it sucks, but I think it's the right call.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think it was late, but I don't agree with them switching it since they ruled it good in the first place. I'm leaning toward late, but the video shouldn't have been conclusive enough to overturn any initial call.

The Bulls are odd. They had to fight and scrap to barely beat the sorry-ass Bucks and Bobcats, and then they come up juuuust short against one of the best teams in the league. What a totally mediocre team. They'll still implausibly finish in fifth place, only to lose in the first round again. The first circle of Basketball Hell. Abandon lottery hope, all ye who enter here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And with that NBA coaching silly season has begun. There will be more. There will most certainly be more.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Hornets Tell Byron Scott to Buzz Off

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4648162

I always think it stinks when a team fires a coach soooo early in the season. Its not even as if they started 0-9, they are 3-6, which fair enough isn't great, but doesn't exactly leave them out of the race. I mean 9 games is 1/9 of the season. Imagine sacking an NFL coach after 2 games.

*Shakes head*

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If they no longer think Byron Scott is the right coach for this team, then they were right to sack him now. No sense in letting him amass a decent record if you've made up your mind already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree its way to early, a coach in the NBA should not be fired until at least 20 games. If they had their doubts about him then they should have started the season with a new coach.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived