Golden State Warriors Rebranding

Audiodrama

Been working on a rebrand for the Warriors for awhile now. I definitely wanted to go retro and away from the Rocketman logo they currently use. I ended up doing a modernization of their classic look.

C&C welcome on the logo -- uniforms are in the works and coming soon!

goldenstatewarriors_primary.jpg

This is a great start. My first criticisms would be that the stroke thicknesses of both the lettering and the grey ring are far too thin. Think about how this would look at a very small size. I think they should be just as thick is the outer blue stroke of the ball.

Same goes for the "Est. 1946" type. At a small size it would be illegible. I know you don't have much room to work with, but increasing it somehow is something to consider.

Looking forward to seeing the uniforms, and hoping there's a large dose of cable-car involved.

The lines on the basketball are what's throwing me off. The way they taper as they get closer to the edges of the ball is something that doesn't happen anywhere else in the logo. And I think it would look much better if the two curved lines on the far left and right had the same curvature.

I like this, especially the first one with the navy blue. If you added some red or orange, it would probably differentiate it from any thought of the Pacers, yet still look like old school Golden State.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Most of those strokes are WAY too small...imagine making this around 2x2 inches and still having readability.

And if you're gonna add an orange, make it more orange than yellow. The only part I like about this so far is the moderization of the state/ball area (its nice and bold and readable when seen small). The outer circles and type are losin' it for me, especially with the Pacers similarity.

I agree Cali looks like a sock as well. Here is what I think would work, make California a bigger part of the logo. And drop the star and add a representation of the Oakland Bay Bridge in its place. Not as iconic as the Golden Gate but still unique. And for what it's worth WHY do most of the NBA logos use a basketball? Only 5 NFL teams use footballs or helmets, 11 MLB teams use baseballs or bats, 6 NHL teams use sticks or pucks but 20! NBA teams use a basketball.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived