Action Templates

rentz

Hello everyone! I was sick today and needed a project to occupy myself... I decided to try something I haven't done before in Inkscape, an action template. I realize I may be a bit late, as Fraser Davidson's photorealistic template seems to be the future, but this was pretty fun and I'm pretty proud of it. It is certainly a work in progress... He is headless, and the shading needs work, and I need to make the cleats into something more than a black shape. But here they are; if you guys want to use it I could release it.

qbtemplate.png

And I chose the most beautiful uniform in the world to model the template ;)

mightyneckbeard.png

All C+C appreciated!

Nice work on this, looks pretty good. Btw, I really like the new personal logo. Pretty sweet.

I like it..id add a reflective visor or something..i think it looks creepy with no head:)

...and, is your logo supposed to mimic the windows logo? that's the first thing i thought of when i saw it.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Yeah I'm going to add a head so he isn't so stormtrooper-esque.

And yeah, it does look like the windows logo. Not intentional, I just like the shape and when the lines were all straight it began to look a little swastikaish. So it's kind of precautionary too haha.

• 1 month later...

I've made a new action template I've been using it in the Nike NFL thread some, but I figured I'd post it for some C+C.

This was based off of a Nike Pro-Combat photo, which I found incredibly helpful due to the high resolution and excellent poses. The player is flat black because I wanted the focus to be the uniform. This template works a bit better because it doesn't obscure the numbers. The helmet is andrewharrington's, I just removed the stroke and shading to make it fit more with the aesthetic of my template.

Here's a generic view of my template.

at.png

I still need to work on it to optimize it for use, but if anyone wants it I'll send it to you as soon as possible.

C+C welcome.

Archived