Old with New

dmhtfld

That helmet actually saves that awful uniform. As much as I hate "modern" uniforms, I have to say that it looks great. Amazing what adding the right helmet can do. Change the sleeve logo to match the helmet logo and you've got the closest thing you're ever going to get to a perfect modern uniform.

No! the original logo is terrible. I still cannot believe people prefer it over the new one...nobody in Atlanta does.

Really? Of the millions of people that live in Atlanta, not one of them prefers the good old logo to the ugly-ass new one? :D

BB52Big.jpg

That helmet actually saves that awful uniform. As much as I hate "modern" uniforms, I have to say that it looks great. Amazing what adding the right helmet can do. Change the sleeve logo to match the helmet logo and you've got the closest thing you're ever going to get to a perfect modern uniform.

No! the original logo is terrible. I still cannot believe people prefer it over the new one...nobody in Atlanta does.

Really? Of the millions of people that live in Atlanta, not one of them prefers the good old logo to the ugly-ass new one? :D

Just what I was thinking. Apparently a poll was taken and everyone in the city loves them some "tuff-birdy".

Just what I was thinking. Apparently a poll was taken and everyone in the city loves them some "tuff-birdy".

haha, oh come on yall know what I meant. People made fun of that logo because of how dumb it looked. The predominantly black and white color scheme, with just a hint of red... the terribly bland uniforms.

What I was saying is the newer logo was embraced extremely well.

No! the original logo is terrible. I still cannot believe people prefer it over the new one... nobody in Atlanta does.

As a Saints fan who loathes the Falcons, I agree.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

d7a81163d8cb2763407e60f5705a1691-getty-91241931kc001_roddy_white_p.jpg

So, the moral of the story is that this helmet:

84-89.gif

With the modernized logo would look pretty damn cool with the new uniforms.

I would love it if the Falcons would go with red helmets if they decide to get new uniforms sometime in the future.

I can get behind that. The old logo is shamefully poor compared to the new one. (The new one could probably use a little tweaking, but it's still miles better.) The new jerseys look great, especially the sleeves (well, "sleeves"). While I applaud the concept of matching all the striping, the old-school striping on the pants doesn't match up to the sides of the jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Actually, neither one is very good. Bucco had a concept a while back that found a happy medium between the two, which impressed me more than either version in use.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Actually, neither one is very good. Bucco had a concept a while back that found a happy medium between the two, which impressed me more than either version in use.

Wow, that's awesome....

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=68681&st=0&p=1211790entry1211790

Actually, neither one is very good.

This is true.

Without any context, the new logo is horrible. If it was created totally from scratch for a brand new team, and not an update that was limited by the design of its predecessor, it would be considered horrible by most (if not all) critics.

The old one is very plain and boring, but at the same time is one of those iconic logos that is instantly recognizable. It's too bad that every single high school team named the Falcons has stolen it. I think that if it was updated just a tiny bit (so like 15% instead of 75% like they did), it would work really well still.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hadn't seen that one before. I'll certainly give you that. Not a fan of the jerseys he included, but the logo update's quite nice.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Let me shatter this myth right now. I live in Cherokee County, which by all accounts is part of metro Atlanta, and I HATE the new 'drunken bird' logo. Looks like it's about fall flat on its face. The old one is far superior.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I've always thought that BOTH the old and new Falcons logos look pretty awkward.

Think about it, the majority of the bird logos I've seen out there with wings have the wings spread or going upward as opposed to downward. Of course I realize the logo alludes to the letter 'F' and if the wings were turned upwards it would look even more awkward on the helmet the way the logo is placed now.

That being said, what bothers me most about their identity has more to do with the uniforms than the logo. I'm not a fan of using a black helmet with red jerseys, or vice versa. If they want to continue to sport red jerseys than change the helmet to red or ditch the red jerseys all together. It just doesn't work IMO and they need to fix that.

Let me shatter this myth right now. I live in Cherokee County, which by all accounts is part of metro Atlanta, and I HATE the new 'drunken bird' logo. Looks like it's about fall flat on its face. The old one is far superior.

Cherokee County, huh? Well, i'm in north Woodstock, near Bradshaw. I havent quite gotten to each and every atlantan yet (i've not canvased cabbagetown yet...) but the percentages are definitely skewed heavily in favor of the new.

B)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived