NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

Bears in orange tops today.

Yes! i love these things once a year, they always wear them in late october (halloween) and usually play a crappy team (Browns) and destroy them in these tops, probably why they're stilll around

They're around because you have to keep an alternate for five years or something stupid like that. They're hideous and I never want to see them again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked that orange throwback they wore against the Cowboys so many Thanksgivings ago. They had the old all white "C" on the helmets. If they insist on wearing orange, they should at least go with that set.

I don't care if they sell orange as fashion jerseys, just stop wearing them. It was Walter Payton Day, too, and instead of looking like the classic Bears, they wore glorified practice jerseys. Stupid Bears.

I don't care if they sell orange as fashion jerseys, just stop wearing them. It was Walter Payton Day, too, and instead of looking like the classic Bears, they wore glorified practice jerseys. Stupid Bears.

Yeah, it was kinda the wrong day to pick those orange ones. but they won again in them at least

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Count me as the many who are already tired of seeing the AFL uniforms or "throwback" uniforms so much in 2009.

That doesn't count. You hate when any team wears throwbacks even once.

Dude, when dennisbergan speaks that is the end of the discussion. You should know that by now. :D

That said, I have to agree with Mr. Bergan to a point. The novelty of the AFL uniforms has worn off a bit for me too. It seems like The Jets have been The Titans more times than they've been The Jets this season.

BB52Big.jpg

Count me as the many who are already tired of seeing the AFL uniforms or "throwback" uniforms so much in 2009.

That doesn't count. You hate when any team wears throwbacks even once.

Yeah, really. For ONE anniversary season you can deal with AFL Legacy games.

As for the Jets, well their choice of throwbacks are kind of limited, seeing as if they went with the obvious choice, the SB III set, very few people would notice the difference. They could always drop the throwbacks and go with alternates, but I don't want to see the Jets in black, thankyouverymuch.

I would have liked to see the Jets go with throwbacks from their first season as the Jets. There wouldn't be a significant change from their regular set, but the helmet logo would have the Jet on it instead of the oval.

that would be missing the REAL point of all this completely. Fans don't buy helmets... they buy jerseys.

Not that I disagree, because you are 100% right, but I buy all of the pocket pro helmets. I have all 32, plus doubles for most, and all 8 AFL throwbacks, as well as a few other throwbacks. So, yea, nobody buys helmets, except me. :D

Bears in orange tops today.

Yes! i love these things once a year, they always wear them in late october (halloween) and usually play a crappy team (Browns) and destroy them in these tops, probably why they're stilll around

They're around because you have to keep an alternate for five years or something stupid like that. They're hideous and I never want to see them again.

I would like to see this documented somewhere. I think this may be one of those CCSLC old-wives tales, like the "NBA teams can't change their logos because the league taxes you 500k if you change - but you can recolor".

I could kind of see a rule that if you come out with an alternate, you can't come out with a different one for five years - but not one that says you have to actually wear it for five straight years. You don't want your fans thinking that if they buy this jersey, you're just going to replace it next year, and then replace that one the following year, etc. But there's no rational for forcing a team to wear a jersey for 5 years if they decided they don't like it for some reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Jets should wear Jets throwbacks. I mean, the Raiders home throwbacks are the exact same except for a different helmet sticker. How many fans actually notice that? I think people are smart enough to notice a helmet with a gray facemask with a big green jet on the side, striped socks, and a jersey with more striping and a lighter shade of green.

Also, it would've been cool if they had allowed the Dolphins and Bengals to participate in the AFL throwback games. They were technically AFL teams if only for a very short period.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As for the Jets, well their choice of throwbacks are kind of limited...

The Jets don't "need" a throwemback uniform. They already sport a "throwback" look as their regular uniform.

The Jets should be the JETS. Not the freakin' New York Titans.

Again, I have to ask. For ONE feakin' season does it matter? It's just to celebrate an anniversary. Things will be back to normal next season. You can deal with it.

The Jets don't "need" a throwemback uniform. They already sport a "throwback" look as their regular uniform.

Again, I have to ask. For ONE feakin' season does it matter? It's just to celebrate an anniversary. Things will be back to normal next season. You can deal with it.

But will it be? They've been wearing them at least twice a season since they were introduced in 2007...

...and now they have a white one in their arsenal. There's no reason to think they won't be wearing them next year.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, it was kinda the wrong day to pick those orange ones. but they won again in them at least

No thanks to the offensive line. Looks like they picked the wrong day to quit steroids.

I have no verification of that five-year rule, Vet. I just regurgitated what someone from the Buccaneers said about the creamsicles coming back for a league-mandated five years. At any rate I just don't want the Bears to wear orange jerseys and I hope that was the fifth and final time.

But will it be? They've been wearing them at least twice a season since they were introduced in 2007...

...and now they have a white one in their arsenal. There's no reason to think they won't be wearing them next year.

The Titans won't be wearing their Oilers uniforms next season. It's foolish to think the Jests will keep both sets of NY Titans uniforms around after the AFL 50th Anniversary season is over. Sure, they may keep the navy one, but the amount of times its used will be way down.

Scott Van Pelt just freaked out about the Titans/Jets uniform thing.

It seems they have worn those things more than their currents this year. After this year they really need to ditch those things. Its terrible for their identity to keep bringing up that short lived, and forgotten franchise.

If anything, bring back the Gastineau era jerseys.

Scott Van Pelt just freaked out about the Titans/Jets uniform thing.

It seems they have worn those things more than their currents this year. After this year they really need to ditch those things. Its terrible for their identity to keep bringing up that short lived, and forgotten franchise.

If anything, bring back the Gastineau era jerseys.

YES!

That's the simple solution. The Jets go back to their (much superior, in my opinion) kelly green look. If they want to wear throwbacks they can go with the SB III set.

I don't know if this belongs here or not, but did any one take notice the helmets crashing after the Hank Williams Jnr intro? Something about the Saints helmet didn't seem right.

I saw that too. The logo was gold instead of black. How in the world did ESPN screw that up?

photo.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Miami Wearing Aqua vs. the NY Titans home whites.

That was just weird looking. The only reason that I could think of the Jets wearing the white throwbacks at home was so that the home fans could see them in person and maybe make an impulse buy at the team shop.

Also weird considering that it seems as if the Dolphins are wearing aqua more often on the road than they do at home. 4 home games, it's been aqua-white-orange ("coral")-white. 3 road games: White-Aqua-Aqua. Weird.

Archived