Georgia Builldogs in black helmets.

TrueYankee26

Am I the only ones that think that it's interesting how good of a job colleges do as to not letting things like this leak but the pro teams suck at it?

Maybe because college teams actually try to keep it a secret to surprise the students, players, & fans as opposed to pro teams who often just out & out promote it in order to make money?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red facemask probably wouldn't look so bad if it weren't for the fact that there was almost no red anywhere else on the helmet. If they'd gone with a red G instead it might have worked (though I'd still be against the white stripe). As is, the facemask looked even more out of place than the New England Patriots' red facemask.

I loved them, I think they should have had a Red/White/Red stripe pattern on the Helmet and Pants and it would have looked great IMO, Florida just couldn't join the fun and wear Orange jerseys :P.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Here's to tradition! (...and class... and all things that don't suck)

suicide.gif

Don't forget that the reason Georgia got rid of the white/black/white stripe a few years ago was: (wait for it...) Tradition.

amen. i felt like wearing that hideous helmet was an uneducated and premature move...and a slap in the face to the Georgia program. im pretty sure the players even thought it looked dumb

Do not like, Georgia is moving away from a one home, one away set they had as close as 2 years ago to two helmets, 3 jerseys, and 2 pants. This is not Oregon.

Definitely don't play like Oregon. Pac-10 football is where its at. The SEC is full of faux-contenders who will be exposed in the bowls. Go Ducks.

And Oregon actually looked good today. As usual.

Definitely don't play like Oregon. Pac-10 football is where its at. The SEC is full of faux-contenders who will be exposed in the bowls. Go Ducks.

LAWL. Match up the 1st team in the SEC vs the 1st team in the Pac10, 2nd vs 2nd, 3rd vs 3rd, and so on. I would bet that the SEC would win every matchup but maybe USC.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Black helmets with black facemasks and a single red stripe. Pair that with the black jerseys and silver pants, and you would have a great-looking alt set for the Bulldogs. I don't really care if they ever wear the black pants again. The silver britches are great, and I like how they're pretty much the only team out there whose pants are the most distinctive part of their uniform set. They shouldn't mess with that. But if they must, they should make the pants have a red-black-white stripe pattern.

I was actually at that game yesterday. They might've actually been wearing the normal road set during pregame warm-ups because I didn't notice it until they ran out onto the field. And when that happened, everyone I was sitting with was talking about how much they look like a high school team. I'm not a fan of the black helmet/red facemask look, I think it does make them look like a high school team. But I really liked the black pants. I'd like to see them wear those with the home jersey and regular helmet.

I was actually at that game yesterday. They might've actually been wearing the normal road set during pregame warm-ups because I didn't notice it until they ran out onto the field. And when that happened, everyone I was sitting with was talking about how much they look like a high school team. I'm not a fan of the black helmet/red facemask look, I think it does make them look like a high school team. But I really liked the black pants. I'd like to see them wear those with the home jersey and regular helmet.

I completely echo that statement. not even high school...pee wee

they needed to use the same striping pattern they use on their black basket ball shorts. the way it was done with the pants made it seem as if it was only red/white and not red/white/black striping. i think the basketball shorts (Black version) goes red/black/white or silver

Miami.png

Archived