World Series Champs

Nesi427

Notice how Philly and LA have city and nickname, whereas the Angels shirt just reads "Angels".

Ugh, I'm getting sick of the Angels' city name game. When can they drop the "of Anaheim" part, or is that lawsuit still ongoing? I'd just prefer they use one location name officially and let that be the end of it.

Notice how Philly and LA have city and nickname, whereas the Angels shirt just reads "Angels".

Ugh, I'm getting sick of the Angels' city name game. When can they drop the "of Anaheim" part, or is that lawsuit still ongoing? I'd just prefer they use one location name officially and let that be the end of it.

The lawsuit is dead. Name wise, I prefer the L.A. Angels, but when it comes to common sense and locality Anaheim Angels wins the prize.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Honestly, if they want to represent every city in Cali... Maybe they could go back to the "Califonia Angels". Or the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, who also really like Sacremento & Fresno, and would also like to shout out to San Fran and San Jose... Oh and Oakland"

canada.png

The lawsuit is dead. Name wise, I prefer the L.A. Angels, but when it comes to common sense and locality Anaheim Angels wins the prize.

I think I prefer LA Angels too (though I grew up knowing them as and still at times call them the California Angels), but Anaheim Angels does have a ring to it (plus it cuts the redundancy of Los Angeles Angels). Anyway, if the lawsuit is dead, does that mean they're able to officially drop the "of Anaheim" part whenever their current lease ends (when is that anyway)?

Better yet, they should be the ANAHEIM Angels. They play in anaheim, their main fanbase is from Orange County!

I wouldnt mind going back to CA Angels or ANA Angels... Hell I'd take OC Angels, but that's a well-hashed argument thats been had many times...

The Lawsuit is dead and the city of Anaheim won. They have to keep the "of Anaheim." It's in the lease agreement with the city that Anaheim must be in the name. It is a legally binding contract. So, the of Anaheim will stayon for a realll long time at this point. The Angels have a long lease in place. I'm not sure of the exact years, but I know it is a long time.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I wouldnt mind going back to CA Angels or ANA Angels... Hell I'd take OC Angels, but that's a well-hashed argument thats been had many times...

The Lawsuit is dead and the city of Anaheim won. They have to keep the "of Anaheim." It's in the lease agreement with the city that Anaheim must be in the name. It is a legally binding contract. So, the of Anaheim will stayon for a realll long time at this point. The Angels have a long lease in place. I'm not sure of the exact years, but I know it is a long time.

I thought the Angels won but they kept "of Anaheim" on there as a bit of a goodwill gesture

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'd prefer if they were simply the Anaheim Angels.

87Redskins.png

I thought the Angels won but they kept "of Anaheim" on there as a bit of a goodwill gesture

Nope - the Angels won the right to use their hybrid name. Including "of Anaheim" makes the team name fully compliant with the lease, which is why they won.

IIRC, the lease has an opt-out after 2017. So that's when I expect we'll see "Los Angeles Angels" for good.

Nope - the Angels won the right to use their hybrid name. Including "of Anaheim" makes the team name fully compliant with the lease, which is why they won.

Right, the Angels won the lawsuit because Anaheim was protesting that they couldn't be "Los Angeles" at all

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived