The 2009-10 College Basketball Clearinghouse.

rams80

I wouldn't exactly refer to SEC basketball as the "big boys"....

They're better than the Pac-10, who are likely only going to get three this year.

I'm going to say two unless a team beats Cal or Arizona State to win the tournament

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're better than the Pac-10, who are likely only going to get three this year.

I'm going to say two unless a team beats Cal or Arizona State to win the tournament

But they're the Pac-10 - they'll get three just by that.

LvZYtbZ.png

If it's three, it'll be Washington. But the way the bracketoligists are talking Pac-10 will only have 1 and Cal would be the tenth seed

If it's three, it'll be Washington. But the way the bracketoligists are talking Pac-10 will only have 1 and Cal would be the tenth seed
And do you really think the seeding committee would let the NCAA tournament only have one team from the Pac-10, a traditional power conference?

LvZYtbZ.png

It could be possible considering how bad the Pac-10 has been this season. None of the team have really seperated themselves from the pack to be the best in the conference.

Even then, none of the teams have a huge marquee win to really hang their hat on. Cal? Their best win was against Murray State and the big name teams they've faced, they lost to.

Washington has a win over the same Cal team that I've mentioned and a win over Texas A&M. But, most of the wins so far have come against weak opposition.

Arizona State is in far worst shape because they only have two big name wins: San Diego State and Washington. That's it... Nothing else helps make the Sun Devils stand out.

That is why the Semis tomorrow is more or less an elimination game should both U-Dub and ASU make it.

Anthony Johnson single handedly sent Montana to the NCAA Tournament. 42 points, 36 of which were in the second half. They were down 20 at the half but Johnson put on a show, he also had two lead taking baskets with under a minute to go in the game.

Montana is dancing.

Is he this year's Stephen Curry? Only time will tell.

Doubt it, Johnson won't be drafted, isn't the son of a famous NBA player and Montana is not as good as Davidson was. But the show he put on tonight was stunning.

Ah, I was thinking more on the lines of lighting it up during the tournament.

True, that is possible.

As for Syracuse, wow. If Onuaku is out for a while they are doomed. They may get to the Sweet 16, but with out that big man i don't know if it is possible for them to make the Final 4.

And I think if WVU or 'Nova wins the Big East, and Duke wins the ACC Syracuse could be knocked down to a #2 seed.

saBS.png

And do you really think the seeding committee would let the NCAA tournament only have one team from the Pac-10, a traditional power conference?

The Pac-10 has been beyond craptacular this season. They'll get two max. And only if Cal loses in like the finals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I will not go to the "Grind Your Gears" thread, but I think that ESPN does themselves a disservice in claiming and updating the last four in/out following every tournament game. In terms of elections, their network counterpart would never flip/flop based on voting districts closings. The crawler "tells us" who is on or out days before the teams are determined.

Georgia beats Arkansas in the final game of the day in the SEC Tournament.

Looking ahead, Georgia's got a decent shot at getting to the SEC Championship Game....they have Vanderbilt, whom they could have swept earlier in the season (and the Vandy players have mentioned that they didn't want to play Georgia again). Then the winner of the Florida-Mississippi State game, both of which Georgia was able to play closely.

All the 'Dawgs need is a tornado to hit Nashville, and it's all Easy Street after that!

I haven't paid any attention to college hoops this season, but is this New Mexico team legit?

I sure the hell hope so.

They're probably going to rake in a 3rd Seed if they end up winning the Mountain West Tournament.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I think, depending on how the Pac-10 tourney finishes off, Cal, Washington, and Arizona State will all get in.

Might want to scratch Arizona State from the list as they got upset by Stanford in the Pac-10 Quarterfinals.

One bid is up for grabs today.

Patriot League Championship

#3 Lafayette Leopards at #1 Lehigh Mountain Hawks

The Lafayette-Lehigh rivalry is well known on the football field as it is the longest running rivalry in the FCS. The basketball version of this hasn't had much to boast about until now when these two teams, the only winning teams in the Patriot League this season, meet for the automatic bid.

Archived