NBA Teams in need of a new look

jimbojohnny56

The black on the Knicks' blue jersey doesn't actually bother me so much (and the black outlining is subtle enough on the home whites that I really don't notice it most of the time), but I guess it's mainly b/c it's less than what it was before when they first added it (oy that looked bad). Anyway, if not black, what would you replace it with? or would you just ditch the side panels altogether?

Oh, and as much as I like the old roundball logo, I also like the current one sans triangle/New York on it like in my signature (though head-to-head, I'd probably choose the old roundball just b/c I have a thing for the classics).

Don't bother replacing it. Go for a Pistons style modern update of the old classic look, and I'd be very happy.

My favorite NY logo was the apple one they had in the 70s. I'd rework that as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Jazz nickname to New Orleans go back to Green, Purple and Gold colors

Hornets back to Charlotte, drop the Gold

Bobcats or Grizzlies name to Utah

Good Lord.....

Can that suggestion please become a bannable offense? It's impractical, it's not original, and it ignores the fact that this nickname was bloody well fine for nearly 30 years in Utah.

Sorry I made that suggestion... geez

I submit the Sacramento Kings. Both sets are a mess. They have the city name on the home jersey and the team name on the road, the font is awful and the numbers on the road purple jersey are unreadable being they are black. I have no issue with purple on the road but they need to change the font used to something easier on the eyes.

I agree that there are way too many Red, white and blue teams AND two-tone blue teams.

Atlanta Hawks- back to Red and Yellow. Their current design is nice, but the colours need a change.

Denver Nuggets- I like their scheme, but I'd rather see the dark blue as more of a primary than the sky blue.

Golden State Warriors- I haven't liked their new set since it was changed. Just something about is blah.

Houston Rockets- I absolutely love their new alternate. With some fine tuning, I think they should incorporate the colours into the home and road.

LA Clippers- To be quite honest, I love their set. I would be open to an overhaul as long as it's done right.

Memphis- atleast the design they brought from Vancouver was unique. Start over completely.

NJ Nets- I think the colours work for them, but they've gotta set themselves apart.

NY Knicks- No black.

Oklahoma City Thunder- They look like about 15 teams from the league just tossed together. Complete redo.

Sacramento Kings- Love the colours. I think they had it right from 02-07. I also wouldnt mind seeing gold in there if done right.

Utah Jazz- Need to do something.

Good Lord.....

Can that suggestion please become a bannable offense? It's impractical, it's not original, and it ignores the fact that this nickname was bloody well fine for nearly 30 years in Utah.

Sorry I made that suggestion... geez

It's just that SO many people have brought it up, and it's just unrealistic and impractical.

Jazz: As a southeastern Louisiana native, I will not comment on the Jazz name because I agree that it's like MPLS fans griping about the Lakers. However, I would like to see them return to their 90s look as well. Whatever happened to using copper?

I'll tell ya what happened to it, it was overkill when used with all the other colors in their palette in the late 90's. See below...

Utah_Jazz_Mountain_Primary.png

Good Lord.....

I second this. thBangHead.gif

Really? It's perfectly fine for the Lakers to keep their name and the Jazz, Hornets, and Bobcats to swap theirs? The Jazz name means about as much to Utahns as "Lakers" does to Los Angeles (if not more, as we don't have any MLB, NHL, or aren't on the radar for an NFL team)...but please, stop beating this dead horse. This is about looks, not names.

This Utah-Jazz-should-change-their-name thing is getting about as overplayed as [person-falling-down-dead, Cleveland-in-bathtub, gag-that-lasts-too-long] from Family Guy is (cue flashback). :rolleyes:

(Sorry to display my distaste for you FG fans). :/

I love your two cents on this so much that I would love to post it in my siggy! th1-pray.gifth1-pray.gifth1-pray.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I think the entire NBA needs a revamp. We are into a new era with new stars. The whole league looks stale and a bit 90's. I think the league would benefit from a "edgification" similar to what the NHL did. With the budding new stars being created in the NBA i think its time to usher in a new era and revamp the look of the league.

I think the entire NBA needs a revamp. We are into a new era with new stars. The whole league looks stale and a bit 90's. I think the league would benefit from a "edgification" similar to what the NHL did. With the budding new stars being created in the NBA i think its time to usher in a new era and revamp the look of the league.

Revamp things exactly how? thblink.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

The only difference in the NBA from today than 10 years ago, is the introduction of the heavy influence of the "hip hop" culture, and every part of the game has become more of a show, so i'm interested to see your views on which areas to revamp, I realize that some teams' logos are a bit 90's era, but I think for the most part what we've got is a whole lot better than a league filled with web2.0 logos...

Oklahoma City - See all previous posts.

Houston - The "HR" logo is a disaster. Should bring back yellow and go retro, and eventually will.

Toronto - I dig the colors and unis, but... New nickname, please! "Raptors" is much too out-dated and ridiculous.

LA Clippers - Their logo has been out of date for at least two decades now. Sadly, who knows if it will ever get addressed?

Utah - Tried to jump aboard the powder blue bandwagon and successfully failed. Also should do something retro-ish.

6uXNWAo.png

Houston's current jerseys are awesome. (The alt not so much.) They're very basic and clean; I thought that's what people liked around here?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Houston's current jerseys are awesome. (The alt not so much.) They're very basic and clean; I thought that's what people liked around here?

As a fan of basic and clean uniforms I love the Rockets' current look. Their logo, in my opinion, is one of the NBA's best.

Here's my 2 cents...

Clippers- Keep the team name, instead of being the Los Angeles Clippers how about the California Clippers(i mean they have played in various arena's in the state). Change their logo/uniforms, i like the idea that someone had posted about actually using a Clipper ship.

Grizzlies- I know David Stern was completely against the idea of having the team name changed to the Express, but as long as Fedex doesn;t brand the hell out of it I think it flows well...The Memphis Express. Then they could do a whole overhaul, and maybe save that name for future use(like a Vancouver expansion 10+ years down the road).

Jazz- I feel like the Jazz are stuck in a bland state where the Orlando Magic where at before their latest jersey set, their uniforms need to bridge the past with a current up-to-date feel. Maybe they can incorporate the Jazz note w/ a mountain using mt. blue, green, and ??? Not really sure, but they just need to get away from what they have now.

Nets- I think they can lay low until the Brooklyn move(which I hope gets done quick), and then there's endless possibilities(as long as they don't go all OKC Thunder on the NBA).

Knicks- I loved the Knicks jerseys of the past(Earl "The Pearl" era) with the numbers over the team name, now I wouldn't like to see that but I would like to see a more retro wordmark on the jerseys incorporating orange, blue, and white...thats it. Just a mix of the old and new would be great, nothing over- the-top.

Thunder- Ummm...enough has been said about this team. Just please make some changes in the near future, starting with the road set and team colors.

Wizards- Change I feel is needed, I think that their jersey wordmark is horrible. I just think this team needs another overhaul(like the Cleveland Cavs made when they drafted LeBron), something major like that even a possible name change would work. Washington...Power, Horsemen, Authority, Dominion, Pride, Greed, ???...I think that Wizards is far worse than Bullets.

Houston- Next to the ridiciculous pajama jerseys of the Steve Francis early years, these are the worse in franchise history. Honestly I don't even enjoy watching Rockets games because of these jerseys. They just need a change, Red-Yellow-White, just make it work.

Atlanta- I like there sets, but like most others I'm tired of seeing some sort of variation of blue as a road jersey. Ditch the red alternate "ATL", make a red "Atlanta" primary road and switch the blue(if they feel they have to have blue) as the alternate(i'm even okay with the whole "ATL" thing). i just think that red needs to be a primary color for this team.

Suns- Get rid of those god awful jerseys, this team is in the same boat as Houston to me...I can't stand watching them play in those. Get rid of the panels(cant fit certain players names on the jerseys b/c of the panel), number oval, and "PHX"!?!?!? I think that there primary home and road colors are fantastic(even their orange alt.), I just hate their design it looks stupid. I enjoyed the 90's Barkley era jerseys but I understand that they are out-dated(too much 90's), so why not polish those from the 90's and make them more 21st century.

Warriors- Go for the retro look, like the Sonics did a few years before bolting to OKC. I thought the Sonics last logo change was a great mix of retro/modern. Ditch the midnight-whatever blue and stick to gold, golden gate orange, and a easier on the eyes blue variation.

Magic- I love the new set, I would like to see a black w/ pinstripe alternate. Black primary jerseys get a lot of flack in all sports but I think that the Magic pulled it off when they unveiled them back in 1989 and a newer updated version would be great. I would like them to use either white, silver, or blue(might be too much) pinstripes.

Mavericks- Bring back green...way too much blue going on. They don't have to ditch blue all together, just tone it down. White home(w/ green & blue), Green road primary(w/ blue), Blue as an alternate only.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

As a fan of basic and clean uniforms I love the Rockets' current look. Their logo, in my opinion, is one of the NBA's best.

I like the logo, but I just don't like the satin-y reflective pajama jerseys they have. Go with something matte and maybe some more traditional arm/neck/shorts piping and I'd like it better (incidentally, I do like the template of their new alts, but the return to yellow/gold is a bit jarring; I actually think it would look nice if they replaced the gold with silver again, or just minimize the yellow side paneling).

Archived